Bad Boy Love~ Part 28

The Lorax is actually really cute. They could have cut out a couple of the songs though. Whatever keeps the kids entertained, I guess! Sam woke up ten minutes into the movie and began watching it. She would giggle at the funny parts and sing along with the songs. I couldn't help but laugh along with her because of how cute she is!

When the movie ends, she hugs me and smiles up at me.

"Thank you for watching it with me," she exclaims.

"Oh, you're welcome!" I smile back down at her. I am actually smiling and laughing with this little girl after the most tragic thing that happened to me this year.

"No one ever watches movies with me," she pouts while climbing off the bed and flopping on the floor. What is with this little girl and lying on floors? I can't help but smile at her.

"I will watch whatever you want to watch, if I have time," I specify.

"Yay!" she smiles. "I am going to go find those fairies now. George said he saw one this morning in the backyard. He says I have to be really quiet and listen real close." she whispers.

"Make sure you have your mom watch you outside!" I say, but she is already out the door.

I listen to her little feet pad down the hall until I can't hear them anymore.

My stomach grumbles and I forgot one crucial break-up snack, ice cream and chocolate.

I groan as I roll out of bed and walk into the hallway. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I get out a bowl and some ice cream. Luckily, they have mint chocolate chip. My favorite. I grab a handful of Hersey's Kisses and begin to walk back upstairs.

As I make my way down the hallway, I catch a glimpse in at Jake through the crack in his door.

Wait.

Is he making out with a girl on his floor? I thought he liked me? What? Of course he wouldn't. He just wanted to have sex with me and leave me in the dust. He was going to use me, like every other girl. Why would he leave the door open if there is a girl in his room? He probably has so many girls in there that his family is used to it. The thought sickens me. Did he want me to catch him? No. Of course not.  I drop the handful of Hersey's Kisses in surprise and they land on the floor. One pesky Kiss bounces off the floor and hits his door making a low knocking noise. Not very loud, but in the heat of the moment, it sounded like a bomb going off. I jumped at the sound and begin to pick up the scattered chocolates off the floor.

I can't help but let my eyes burn with tears. Why cry over him?

"Maya?" his voice speaks from the crack in the door.

I can't look at him. I will have a melt down if I do. I can't help it though. I slowly lift my head up to look at his face. His hair is sticking up in random places and his shirt is pulled in a strange position. His dark blue eyes pierce my soul and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Sorry," I say and try to sound strong, but my voice is pathetic and shakey.

A girl appears behind him in the small crack.

"I'm really sor-" I begin to repeat but I am interrupted by a blood curdling scream coming from the backyard. A little voice. Sam's voice. Oh my God, Sam! I can't help but run into my room and gaze out the window to see Sam in the pool. She is struggling to stay afloat. She is drowning.

"Sam!" I scream. Jake comes running into my room and sees the same sight I just screamed at.

"Oh my God!" he screams as he runs down the stairs and I follow close behind him. I stumble and grab onto the railing to keep myself from face planting into the sharp stairs. I pull myself back up and run towards the living room. We throw the sliding glass door open and run outside. The girl that was in Jake's room is straggling behind. Carrie appears from the dining room with headphones on and catches a glimpse of us running, she also chases after us.

Jake dives into the water and grabs onto Sam's small body that has stopped struggling. She is face down floating in the water.

"Sam!" Carrie screams with a cracking voice.

"Save her!" I cry as Jake pulls her up onto the cement.

Jake turns her on her side and water falls from her mouth. He then checks for a pulse. He begins to perform CPR on her body as Jake screams at us to call an ambulance. Jake's lover isn't much help because she passed out onto the floor. I run inside and grab the phone. I dial 911 with shaky hands.

"911, what is your emergency?" the operator answers on the first ring.

"I need an ambulance! A little girl fell into a pool and needs to go to the hospital!" I practically scream into the phone.

"I am sending a ambulance to your location. I see where you are on our GPS tracker. Stay on the line with me. Who else is there and what happened?"

I tell her everything and run back out to the horrific scene. Jake is still performing CPR and is stopping every now and then to listen and see if she is breathing.

"Sammy! Samantha stay with me baby, you'll be okay. Please let her be okay. Please let her be okay. Please let her be okay," Carrie cries while pacing back and forth over her daughter. The girl that was in Jake's room is still passed out on the ground.

The operator asks me who is there.

"Her mother, her brother, and his," I stop as I have to speak the sudden word, "Girlfriend."

"How old is she?"

"I think five," I say with a shaky voice.

"Who was watching her?"

I told Sam to have her mom watch her, did she not hear me? Guilt washes over me as I realize that this is all my fault. If only I actually walked out and told Carrie that Sam wanted to look for "fairies".

"Where is the damn ambulance!" I scream into the phone.

"It is on its way Miss," the operator says. "Who was watching her?" she repeats the question I was trying to avoid.

"No one," I croak with tears streaming down my pale face.

"What condition is she in now?"

"Same as before, but she is taking choppy breaths every now and then. She has a pulse, but she needs medical help."

I am relieved to hear an ambulance siren ringing from a few blocks away. I run to the front yard and wave down the ambulance. Jake appears behind me with a pale Sam in his arms.

He gives her to the medics and they lift her into the ambulance. The medics close the doors and speed off with Carrie in the ambulance with them.

Jake and I race to the car and jump inside. Jake speeds to keep up with the fast ambulance, dodging past other cars and running red lights.

We both stay completely silent. The only sound you can hear in this car is honking horns and my loud sobs.

~A/N~

I know it is really short, but I felt bad for not posting for a while. This is my apology present. Do you forgive me? :)

Vote, comment, and fan.

Thanks for talking to be and being very kind.  A lot of you are talking with me and helping me through this whole situation. Thank you guys, a lot.

So, I really want to start asking you guys questions about yourself at the end of chapters. I am talking to a lot of you from all over the world and I want to know two things, What state/country do you live in? And what is your favorite color?

I live in California and my favorite color is either mint green, coral, or red. It is hard. :3

Bye! :)