13.

"shit, we gotta go on a grocery run" said puppeteer as he looked through the fridge. "it's fine, i can go get it." helen said as he closed his sketch pad.

"but how? you said you wanted to stop asking masky"—"yeah well do you think i'd want to pay him all the time?" helen asked, "well no." puppeteer simply said as he closed the fridge door.

"(y/n), i'm trusting you to stay here. puppeteer and i are going to get some stuff and we won't take too long." said helen as he ran his fingers through your (f/c) locks of hair.

"okay, take care" you said to the both of them. they left and again, that thought hit you. as much as you liked staying here with helen and puppeteer, you missed home.

couple minutes of silence filled the room.

"just stop" you whispered to yourself as more and more thoughts ran through your head.

you took a breather, and shook your head.

*knocknocknocknock*

your head quickly turned to the door. hm they probably forgot something and came back for it. you opened the door and as soon as you looked up, you realized you should've never opened the door.

"i need your h-help" said a distressed and shaky female cop. "h-hello, how can i help you.." you asked, your nails digging deep into your thigh. this meant you were mad at yourself.

"do you have a phone i can use?" she said as she barraged in, "no.. i don't" you said, you looked at her clothes, they were ripped and bloodied, some scratch marks on her body. deep ones too.

"what h-happened to you.." you asked quietly.

"there's no time to ask questions. we n-need to get out of here. it's dangerous." she said as she ran her hands through her blonde hair.

"how do you even live here.. how are you still alive?" she mumbled, still shaking and scared of whatever it was that did that to her.

"a-aren't you that girl who disappeared?.."

you stayed quiet, you didn't know what to say. you were stuck in between helen and your only family.

"you are, aren't you. oh my god, i-i need to bring you back." she said, there was some excitement coming from her. "chiefs gonna be happy about this one." she mumbled as walked around.

"we need to bring you back. but first, we're going to have to run. who knows if that thing is still out there." she said as she walked towards the window. opening the curtains a bit to see if that 'thing' was around.

"are you ready?" she asked as she opened the door, putting her hand in front of me, just waiting for me to take it.

you nodded slowly. bitting your lip and closing your eyes. both of you running and feeling the cold air hit your body.

"keep running, and never look back!" she whispered yelled, but you did the opposite of what she said. you looked back and saw yourself getting further and further away from the house until you didn't see it anymore.

it hurt to betray helen because maybe you did love him. but you wanted to ease your moms pain at least..

"i think we're almost out" she said as she panted, we were surrounded by trees, everywhere you looked, trees, trees, and more trees.