52.Playing by the rules

Title: Playing by the rules

Author:  Brandon Wong

Summary:

On the ice, Caleb Dawson is unstoppable. With prodigious talents, Caleb is easily one of the best teenage hockey players in America. There is no doubt that Caleb will become the next greatest star on ice. The only problem is: he knows it. And he demands to be treated like a star. Cocky, arrogant and self-centered, Caleb is on a straight path to destroying his own career.

Jennifer Beckett is academically gifted, as her longstanding position on the honors list indicate. While she may seem flawless inside the classroom, Jennifer is a totally different person outside of class. Broken, fearful, dependent. To hide her insecurities, Jennifer stays away from any sign of trouble. But Caleb is a different kind of trouble, one that draws her into his world. Can this relationship save the two of them from their own destruction?

Status: completed, 51 parts

Review:
Going by the title I taught it could be a relationship with some prefixed rules.
But I was wrong.
This book is no where close to the word cliché. It is so realistic that at one point I was craving for something cliche. It's a simple, no big drama nor extravagant stuffs book.
There is no immediate attraction. It was like and how an actual relationship nourishes.

I was crying  and I am not joking there were tears while reading a certain part of the book.
And let me tell you I do not go all emotional for frictional characters.

It was may be the story or the way it was presented that made me so emo not the characters.

The writer has done a good justification to the sport and to the love quotient.

Well I know what and how ice hockey is played.
One of the most realistic book out there. 

Life is unpredictable. A blink and it's changed. Live in the moment.
Happy Reading