T E N

CHAPTER 10

HARRY

"Ok, put a oxygen mask on and hook him up to an IV, and give him a dose of Nitroglycerin."

"Sir, please calm down!"

"He's in shock, restrain him!"

"You have to lie still, Sir!"

"Alright, hit him with a tranquilizer!"

•

CLAIRE

It's hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in with your hands tied to a desk. Zayn hasn't been in here since we first came here. I miss him.

There's thankfully a clock at this location, which helps me keep track of time. 26 hours since I've eaten anything. There are bottles of water to keep my hydrated, and he usually unties me for bathroom breaks. But it has been a long time since Zayn has been here.

It has been a week since I have showered, and I'm so desperate to go back... To the previous house. But I made a mistake, calling Harry. And now Zayn is punishing me, as I deserve. I just wish he would be here, to keep me company.

"No," I mumble to myself. Stop thinking like this, Claire.

"No stop, please," the words fall out of my mouth as I fumble to a sitting position.

It's like I fall into this trance, where I am too dependent on Zayn to hate him. But then I wake up from it, and I can literally feel myself going insane. But the times where I actually wake up have gotten less frequent and shorter. For all I know I can fall back into it any second.

I try so hard to keep my sanity intact, but It's just like I can't help it. I don't want to think like that, and I'm terrified of what I'll say and do when Zayn's around.

"Claire, I'm home!" I hear his voice from behind the door. It opens and he steps inside with a box of food and... wine?

"Hey baby," he says casually, and walks over. He puts his face right in front of mine.

"I've been feeling bad about keeping you here like a dog. You mean more to me than that," he says, nodding along with his words. I feel a shudder down my spine as he forces a kiss on my lips. I'm still awake.

Stay awake, stay awake, stay awake...

"So I thought we could have a nice dinner, at the dinner table?" He asks, but doesn't wait for an answer until he unlocks the cuffs, and takes my hand. He leads me - or should I say - drags me to another room, with a table and two chairs at each end. I'm still awake.