Chapter 13

Newts POV
A/N im sorry if i spell 'Greiver' wrong 😂
'EVERYBODY HIDE!!' Thomas yelled as everyone scrambled and pushed.

I looked around trying to find Jessie but she was gone.

'WHERE IS JESSIE!' I screamed as Thomas grabbed my arm and made me run.

'We'll find her don't worry.' Thomas said as I looked around.

The Greivers were now in the glade, destroying everything in their path.

I suddenly heard a scream. I looked over to see a Greiver trying to get something from a tree.

'JESSIE!' I screamed as I ran for the tree.

As I was running to Jessie I grabbed a fire torch and ran to the Greiver.

I threw the fire torch at the Greiver. It stumbled around blind and screaming as i slowly burnt to its death.

Suddenly the Greiver bumped into the tree Jessie was in.

I saw her body fall and heard her scream as she landed in a clump of bushes.

I ran to her to see her crying, clutching onto her ankle.

'Shhhh its alright I got you.' I said as I grabbed Her.

I looked around to see the Gladers in the homestead and Minho waving us over.

I ran as quickly as I could, considering I had my limp and as I reached the homestead, a Greiver spotted us and ran towards us. I ran inside as Minho closed the door behind us

I placed Jessie down onto a chair when I heard a big bang as the roof of the homestead broke with a claw, grabbing around until it finally grabbed someone.

Chuck

Chuck screamed as we all ran to him Grabbing his arms and clothes. 'Don't let go!' Thomas screamed. 'No shit!' Chuck yelled as the Greiver began to pull him out of the roof.

Suddenly Alby ran up with a plank of wood and hit the claw until it finally let go of chuck, and retreated back outside.

'Thanks Alby.' Chuck said as Alby just nodded.

Suddenly the claw shot back in the homestead grabbed Alby and shot out.

Thomas slammed the door of the homestead open and ran after the Griever that took Alby.

We all ran after him and held him back.

When I made sure they had grabbed Thomas I went to go grab Jessie, not wanting to leave her alone.

When I came back out with Jessie in my arms all I saw was Thomas stab himself with the metal thing we got from the Greiver

And before he collapsed I heard him whisper: 'I need to remember...'