Epilogue

"You all really don't have to be here."

"This is a big deal," I argued. "We're happy to support you."

"Yes," my dad agreed. "This is a day of celebration."

Carmen blushed and looked around her. "It's not the prettiest, but it's mine."

"No more renting," I pointed out. "We'll fix it up and make it look great."

My parents walked to the other side of the dusty room. This place wasn't beautiful and there was quite a bit of work to be done but it was Carmen's new dance studio. There were pieces of the ceiling on the floor, more dust than air, bits of glass, and tons of mysterious leftovers from various animals that had previously been living here. Yet, somehow, it felt perfect.

"A quick sweep and some Windex and this place will look great," Vee added in stepping over a loose board that had fallen on the floor.

Logan moved the board aside after his girlfriend was safely away from it. "How did you even afford this place anyway?"

"Logan," Mom warned giving him a look.

My brother shrugged. "Sorry. I just thought with what happened to your last place..."

"That no bank would ever dream of giving me another loan?" Carmen asked. Logan nodded un-bashfully but Vee hit him in the arm. He gave her a defensive look and silently asked her what he did wrong.

I rolled my eyes at them and moved over to the wall that was made of mirrors. There didn't appear to be a single mirror panel that wasn't cracked somewhere. This place had once been used for a dance studio about a millennium ago or so but it had been abandoned for some time. The bank was probably ecstatic to get it taken off their hands. True, it was a bit out of the way of the city compared to Carmen's last place but this studio would ultimately be better...in time.

"I put my name down on the loan as well," Jay explained for his mother. "It was the least I could do."

"You've done enough," Carmen disagreed patting her son's shoulder. "I don't blame you for what happened. It was all your father's fault."

"Moving on from the past," my mother cut in. "Shall we open the champagne?"

My father held up the bottle in his hands in offering. Carmen held up her empty hands and sighed.

"We don't have any glasses," she said.

"Who needs them?" My dad replied opening the bottle and handing it over to my mother. She took a swig and handed it over to Carmen.

"We're all family, aren't we?" She asked.

Carmen smiled and took the bottle gingerly. Jay walked over to stand by my side and I gave him a warm smile. The piercings had returned back to face and he had officially moved in with me the night of the ball. We were all family and it felt nice.

Carmen handed the bottle to Jay after taking a drink and he copied her actions before presenting the champagne to me. I was just about to grab for it when he held it out of my reach.

"Ah-ah," he warned handing the bottle over to Logan. They shared a smirk as my expression turned into a pout.

"I don't get to celebrate?" I complained crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't get to drink," Jay corrected. "Alcohol and you just don't seem to mix."

"Led me to you," I retorted sticking my tongue out at him childishly.

Jay shook his head. "And see what happened? You got hurt and I'm sure you regret drinking that first night."

He sure knew how to throw guilt around. "I don't regret that but I just wish-"