Chapter 101

"Can you give me any hints on what the large piece of parchment does?" I beg Sirius, as we walk hand-in-hand outside.

"Nope. I cannot tell you anything. Honestly, James would murder me if I did. I'm sorry, love."

"Okay, fine. I guess I'll just find out tonight then."

I let out a quick sigh, before he adds, "Why aren't you talking weird? You didn't take your leaf out did you?" He asks, looking panic-stricken.

"No. I asked my mum for a spell to stick something anywhere for a long period of time and I just used it on the leaf to stick it to my cheek. I don't even feel it there anymore." I grin happily.

"That isn't necessarily a good thing ... and do you have the spell to undo it?" He asks me.

"No ... I'm sure it'll be fine, though. I mean, it's not like it'll be stuck to my cheek forever ... I think." I shrug my shoulders, before changing the subject. "Is that James?" I giggle at how odd he appears in the scarf he's wearing.

"James, why are you wearing that rainbow scarf? It is SO not your style. If I'm being truthful, it's my style and no one else can really pull it off. Except maybe a unicorn or something."

"It's just ... you are always wearing colourful clothing and such and sometimes I just feel plain compared to you." He pouts at me.

"Aw, Jamesie!" I jump up in excitement. "Finally you're jealous of me! And you're not just a little jealous, you are SO jealous. You jealous freak." I laugh at my words.

"Yeah, it's such a grand occasion." He states sarcastically, squinting one eye in disgust.

I stare at him for a while, trying to get used to his new look, however finally say something. "No, James. It looks gross on you. Give me that thing." I pull my hand away from Sirius's and unwrap the scarf from James's neck, before placing it around my own neck.

"You see! Now you're all rainbow and we're just- black and grey." James grumbles.

"Wait! Where did you get this scarf? Because I could've sworn that I had the same scarf packed away in my trunk." I wiggle my eyebrows waiting for him to admit that he took it from me.

"I didn't take anything." He turns away from me.

"It doesn't matter either way, I'm keeping this thing." I snuggle into the colourful knitted yarn.

***

I skip in the halls, slowing down when I spot Professor McGonagall. "Good afternoon, McGonagall." I greet her with a quick nod of my head.

She rolls her eyes annoyedly. "How many times have I told you not to call me that, Holland?" She places her hand on her hip.

I count on my fingers. "If I've counted correctly, it's been eight." I state with a smile.

"Detention." She says.

"I'm not sure what I did, but okay. See you later, Professor." I walk away again, my eye catches a glint of a young student signing up for my Piggy-Back Express signup sheet.

I stand in the middle of a corridor staring wide-eyed at the parchment hanging on the stone wall.

"Hey, so later do you want to eat lunch together and-" Sirius begins, however notices that I'm in a trance. "Hello? Chiara?" He waves his hand in front of my face.

"The signup sheet. Look." I smile.

He looks at it and his eyes grow. "How are you going to handle all of these children?"

"Magic?" I shrug.

"What are you going to do? Make magical copies of yourself and use them for the business?" He rolls his eyes, speaking as if it will never happen.

"Woah ... that's a really good idea. I'm going to get working on making a potion to make several copies of myself." I give him a quick hug, before running off to the Potions classroom.

***

I stir the mixture of the potion and sniff it. "Ooh, smells good." I taste it, before spitting it directly back in the huge charcoal coloured cauldron.

I speak aloud to myself. "Okay, well that didn't taste at all like it smells." I tap my head in thought. "Okay, so I need a copy of myself for the night because I have detention. I need a copy of myself for the two hours of piggy-back riding for a boy named Blaze and I need myself to be with Violet to study with her tonight."

"Dang, why can't I say no to people?" I ask myself. "And why isn't this potion working?" I check the bottom of the cauldron and notice I didn't heat it up.

"Oh." The left side of my lips quirk upwards.

The potion explodes in my face and I cough dramatically. "Okay, I'm cancelling my life." I spill out the burnt liquid and toss the cauldron in a trash bin.

After speaking the password, I enter the common room. "What happened to you?" Lily asks me.

"I exploded." I chuckle lightly.

"It was bound to happen sometime." Marlene muses.

"Well ... I'm going to shower then. Quick question, do you think Professor McGonagall would kick me out of detention if I show up with a burnt face?" I ask the two girls.

"I- Just take a shower, Chiara. Stay out of trouble." She rubs her temples.

"Fine. But I'm not wearing my uniform." I refuse.

"That's the best deal I'm going to get out of her." She confides in Marlene.