14.

"would you like a cup of coffee?water?juice?" asked the cop from earlier.

"just.. water please" you responded back. he poured some water into a little paper cup and handed it to you. you nodded as you mouthed 'thank you.'

you noticed a name on his uniform. 'nichols'

"hello good evening, i apologize for being a bit late." said a female detective.

"it's all good" said the cop nichols with a nod. she smiled as he left the room.

"hi, i'm rachel, you must be (y/n) (l/n)." she said with a smile as she shook your hand.

"yeah, that's me." you quietly said as you looked away.

***
"i-i promise you i didn't kill my mom! i would never do such a thing!" you screamed, your face red and your head about to explode from anger.

"i need you to calm down right now. you're not changing my mind (y/n). why did you kill your mom?" she asked again, for the 10th time.

"i-i didn't kill her.." you said again, now calmly.

"where were you this whole time? i mean, you must've stayed somewhere nice right? look at your clothes, all clean and nice. you smell good, your hairs in perfect condition. who's involved (y/n)?" she asked as she cocked a brow.

you stayed quiet. and looked down at the ground.

"i'm need you to talk to me. seriously." she said with a stern tone this time.

but, you didn't listen. you stayed quiet.

***
next morning;

"dude, just face it. she's gone, she ran away. we should just get the fuck out of this place as well man." puppeteer said as he blew out some cigarette smoke.

"shut. the. fuck. up." helen said as he walked around in circles, trying to figure out where (y/n) could've went.

"s-she wouldn't leave me, i know she wouldn't." he whispered, "well.. she did" puppeteer said as he looked out the kitchen window.

helen stayed quiet. too focused on trying to figure out something instead of dealing with puppeteer.

helen aggressively put his coat on and decided to find (y/n) himself since puppeteer was fed up with his attitude.

helen walked around the small town, but stopped when he heard an elderly couple talk about something while looking at a news paper.

"wow, she looks a bit different now. i don't care what that (y/n) girl says i believe she killed her mother!" whispered yelled the old man, "oh lord, at least she's locked away now." responded his wife.

"w-where did you get that?" asked helen, pointing at the news paper. "oh, here you can have ours, we don't need it anymore." the old lady said as she passed him the news paper.

"thanks." helen said quietly as he walked away, he started reading the news paper. word for word.

"(y/n) (l/n) has been found. cop nichols found her in her old home where we believe she killed her mother. (l/n) states she never killed her mother but the judge believes (l/n) could be ill. she's now put away in a psychiatric hospital to get the help she needs."

"fuck." mumbled helen under his breath.

'how the hell am i gonna get her out of there.' he thought, and not many ideas were popping into his head in the moment.

frustration filled his whole body, but his mind focused on one thing. and that was to have (y/n) by his side.

***
"i-i don't deserve this.. i didn't kill her!" you screamed as the male locked the door. the male behind the tiny rectangle glass box looking at you as he chuckled then walked away.

you cried for hours, and hours.

your eyes swollen from crying, runny nose that you'd wipe continuously and dried tears were covered by new tears.

you ended up falling asleep. hoping that when you open your eyes, everything goes back to normal and that everything was just a long nightmare.

***
sorry for the slow update, i know it's a small chapter but i'll write more next time :)