HER PAST

Harry

-

"OKAY, THIS WEEKS assignment is" my professor pauses for a moment, quickly writing on the board in big letters "THEN VS NOW" I furrow my eyebrows.

I could hear someone clear their throat beside me and I turn my head to see Leslie. It's been a week since we last encountered and I could barley look at her for 5 seconds without wanting to scream "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?". She opens her laptop, leans back in her chair and began typing down what the professor had already wrote on the white board.

"This assignment will last all break, you will email me the results with an report" I let out a small sigh along with about 20 others.

"You also will be paired up"

fuck fuck fuck

"Look to your right and say hello to your new partner for the month, now I don't really give a shit if you can't stand the person you're working with. You will be drawing this person for 31 days, maybe less so get use to em' "

I turn to my right and looks at Leslie, she doesn't dare to look back. I chew on my bottom lip and close my laptop, packing up my tablet also since class was now ending.

As I stand up Leslie does the same, "so my place or yours?" I question.

"I really don't care" she replies with a shrug.
-

Once I got home from class I ended up making a schedule, every other weekend she would come over to mine and on the week days I'd go over to hers.

I hear a soft knock at the door and I quickly get up from my spot from the couch, quickly jogging to get it. I swing my door open to see Myra, her face was flushed and a bit red probably from the cold and her hair was all over the place.

I frown a bit, "Myra..." she cuts me off, pressing her lips onto mine causing me to stumble back into the apartment. She swings the door shut and removes her sweater from her arms quickly. I grip onto her waist and pick her up off her feet, legs wrapped around my torso as I pushed her up against the door.

She cups my cheek tightly, the kiss that was once gently becoming rough. I pull away from her lips only for Myra to pull back again.

"M..Myra" I murmur against her lips but she ignores me, continuing to kiss me. I take her wrist and pin them against the door, looking into her brown eyes with a stern look.

All of a sudden she lets out a sob and I instantly frown.

"What's that m..matter?" I whisper.

"S..she finally said it" Myra sniffles, my eyes flicker back and fourth into hers and I lift her chin trying to get her to look at me.

"Who? What do you mean?" She shakes her head.

"My m..mom" she croaks, sobbing as soon as mom past her lips.

I swipe my thumb across her cheek, wiping away her tears and I shake my head.

"What did she say lo..love?" I whisper her chin in between my thumb and my pointer finger holding her head up.

"She told me" she inhales before letting it go, "she told me she wasn't my real mom, I mean I always knew it but I just needed her to say it" she sniffles and I pull her into a tight hug, letting her cry into my shoulder

-

Myra finished crying not too long ago, and here she laid in my arms, the contour of her body underneath the white sheets of my bed; Soundly asleep.

I let out a quiet sigh and run my fingers through her pink hair.

"She...she was so protective" Myra mumbles, I sit up a bit and look down to see her eyes still closed. I hum in response, not knowing if she was sleep or actually talking to me.

"She use to pick out the friends I could have, read my text messages and she had all my social media apps passwords" she whispers, "I could never talk to boys, not even when I was 18...what's funny is I lost my virginity when I was 18". I nod my head slowly, listening to her pour out everything she's gone through.

"I was never allowed to go out with my friends, I always stayed in the house
I mean of course I snuck out plenty of times around the age of 17... my mom never told me she loved me, so I looked for other people's love instead but today? She said it" she murmurs and my heart sinks.

"Why'd she finally say i-it today?"

"Because she dying" I bite down on my bottom lip and press a gentle kiss onto her temple.

Her past, had so much to do with her present.

I understand her now.

A/N I appreciate all the votes! And I apologize for the misspelling and in corrections, I'll start going over them before publishing them. I thought you guys should get to know about Myra a bit more. DONT WORRY LERRY OR HESLIE SHIPPERS there will be a little bit of Heslie in this book.

I also might be posting a Valentines chapter.