0001

A/N - characters are seventeen, not eight btw :)

**********************

It was the final class of the day, and quite possibly the worse one yet. Their teacher, Mr Gates, was a lazy idiot who couldn't care less if his students passed his class or not. Really he was only in it for the money, which his attitude clearly showed. It wouldn't have surprised the majority to know he was one of those people to go home to an empty house at the end of the day, only to drink his miserable sorrows away with a bottle of whiskey. To say he taught the bare minimum was putting it lightly. In fact, being in his class was honestly just a waste of time. Everyone knew it, though nobody would complain considering they pretty much had a free period to do as they pleased.

For the past year and a half, Mr Gates made very little effort with his job, so, for him to suddenly come strolling through the door looking clean and tidy, with enough enthusiasm to pass as an actual teacher, his students were reasonably taken aback. It was when Eric and Kenny came wandering through as late as usual, never to be punished before, until this day, when the reality of things began to settle in.

The shocked expression worn by Eric was enough to make Tweek recoil further into his seat. He'd never seen anybody being able to shut the brute up for more than a second, but low and behold, Mr Gates had done just that. Profanities were muttered beneath Eric's breath as he passed his peers to find an empty seat at the back of the room, and unfortunately for Tweek, that seat was right behind his own.

The paranoia that came with having Eric Cartman sitting behind you was something everyone experienced, though for Tweek, it came along with nerves that left him unable to concentrate even slightly. Having a bad past with Eric also didn't help, though thankfully having Craig nearby brought some ease to the whole ordeal. Not that he'd be much use since he was half asleep on his desk.

As class began, Mr Gates surprised the class with his newly found knowledge in climate change, and dare anyone stray away from listening, he soon put them in place and continued with full attention from his students. It was towards the end of class when he finally revealed his big mystery, the reasoning behind him so suddenly making an effort, also being the source of the students displeasure.

Their class was supposed to be going to Paris mid season to better understand the culture and langue of the beautiful city, however after some problems arose it was later cancelled, leaving an empty timeline for quite a few students. Where Mr Gates comes into the whole situation is during yesterday's staff meeting, something the man usually despised, though after being told it was down to his choosing where those student go for their educational trip, it was his chance to finally do something he wanted to do, rather than having to follow a lesson plan.

Of course, his idea of fun was vastly different from the students, and after revealing they'd be going away to Denver for a weekend to have a hand on experience with environmental studies, a chorus of groans collected around the room.

Tweek chewed the skin around his nail to the point he could taste blood. Light green eyes darting around the room, never settling on a single person for more than a second as his foot nervously tapped underneath the table. He could swear Eric was up to something behind him, though he was too afraid to look back. He needed to chill out and breathe, though it was easier said than done. All he could focus on was the rhythmic beating of his heart, hammering against his chest, threatening to tear its way through.

Feeling uneasy, he could sense being watched, and after taking a shuddered breath,Tweek glanced to his right, seeing Kyle Broflofski staring at him, almost as if he knew Tweek was on the verge of an anxiety attack. Most likely he understood Tweek's struggle, though there was little care about whether he and Kyle shared something in common, and after frowning at the redhead, he turned away, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

One thing that somehow managed to keep him calm, was the eye contact he'd receive from Craig whenever he'd turn around, despite it only being a brief moment, it was enough to settle the nervous blonde. More so, it was enough for him to breathe easily and realise he was over reacting, once again.

Now with a clear head, he could worry about something aside from the guy behind him, something more like a weekend away, in Denver of all places. It wasn't like it was a rough area, though Tweek hadn't missed the news reports floating around about all of the missing people.

At the other side of the room, Clyde halted his subtle doodling on the pages of his book to engage in conversation with Token. His way of gaining his friends attention was by poking the end of his pen into the back of Token's neck. A pen of which he'd been chewing on for the past half hour.

A little noise of disgust sounded as Token wiped his neck, turning around in his seat to stare incredulously at the brunette. "Was that really necessary?"

"I've been thinking." Clyde began, ignoring Token's clear lack of interest. "What if the government created fly drones to know what everyone is doing."

"What're you even talking about?"

"I watched this conspiracy theory and it's really got me questioning a few things."

"Clyde?" Token sighed, carefully watching his friend pretend to be some sort of genius.

"Yeah?"

"Stop talking to me." And with that, Token turned back around, leaving Clyde to immediately go back to thinking about Kanye being a reptilian.

Craig's will to live was running low. Usually he took this time to either nap or block out his classmates, though with today being different, he felt as though he'd gone a whole night without sleep. It was hard for him to pay attention, the teachers words were coming out as distant mumbling to him and the wall he'd been staring at, he now knew too well.

He was aware of repeatedly catching Tweek's eye, potentially due to Eric attempting to flick small pieces of rolled up paper at the back of his head. Still, the intensity of Tweek's eyes lead Craig to believe he had something on his face, though he couldn't have been more oblivious to the truth.