0.40

"Protecto!" Ginny said it and a Death Eater went flying causing the shelves to come tumbling down.

"Run!" Rowen said grabbing onto Harry's hand and pulling him. The others followed and they went through a door. They landed with a thud after falling through air for a brief minute and Rowen coughed out and looked to see that Harry was still holding onto his prophecy. 

"Department of Mysteries." Ron said, "they had that bit right, didn't they?" Rowen looked to the veil that Harry was staring at and tried to pull him back, but he was too far ahead.

"The voices." Harry said, "can you tell what they're saying?"

"There aren't any voices, Harry."

"It's a Death Chamber veil." Rowen whispered to Hermione, "Harry be careful."

"Let's get out of here." Hermione said.

"I hear them, too." Luna said.

"It's because you've both been around death. That changes you. Your innocence is lost so you see more than others."

"Harry...it's just an empty archway." Hermione tried to plead with him. Harry turned around quickly, "please, Harry."

"Get behind me!" he had his wand pointing out. Rowen stood to the side of him and pointed his wand. She let out a noise when she felt herself being picked up and was being held onto by a Death Eater.

"Let go of me." she complained against the male.

"Now, now red. Behave or your end up like your mummy." she stood flat against him while he pointed his wand at her face. Lucius came into view laughing;

"Did you actually believe, were you truly naive enough to think...that children stood a chance...against us?" he taunted, he looked at Rowen before turning to look back at Harry, he beckoned the man who captured her forward and he all but dragged her, "I'll make this...simple for your, Potter. Give me the prophecy now... or watch your friends die." he tugged on Rowen's hair pulling her forward, "and I will kill her slowly and painfully why you watch and listen to her beg for her life to end." Rowen struggled against him, but it only caused him to grip her hair more.

"Don't give it to him, Harry." Neville said.

"Shh." Harry held out the prophecy and handed it to Lucius. He dropped Rowen and held the object proudly in his hands. She looked up from the ground and debated punching him in that area but he thoughts were cut short by hearing her father.

"Get away from my daughter and godson." Sirius punched Lucius and Harry pulled Rowen up.  The prophecy broke apart before Lucius could catch it again. The rest of the Order arrived and got the others out. Rowen started firing off spells and was pulled by her father, "now you two need to listen to me--I want you to take the others and get out of here." he said.

"What? No, I'm staying with you." Harry said as Rowen peaked around and threw another spell knocking a Death Eater on their ass.

"You've done beautifully. Now, let me take it from here."

"Black." Lucius said from the other side of the rock they were hiding around. They started dealing and Harry was helping him. Rowen was caught off guard by a Death Eater stunning her and she went flying.

"Row!" Hermione called out, but she stood up and fired a spell back. She heard the spell and saw it connect with her father too late. She screamed as she watched him go into the veil. She looked over at the person who fired it, Bellatrix. She cursed loudly before flinging spell after spell at her before another Death Eater fired one at her.

"Crucio." she cried out in pain as she fell to the floor. She could barely breath it hurt so bad. She dug her nails into the dirt ground and wished it to be over. When it finally was she looked up to see Remus. Her body shook in pain and she tried to gain control of her body. She gasped for air over and over again. 

When she was finally able to stand again she went to find Harry with the others. She was leaning on Ron for support while trying to walk and found Voldemort hovering over Harry and Dumbledore standing there watching the dust surrounding the three of them. When the dust had cleared and people from the Ministry had finally arrive just before Voldemort disappeared once more she dropped to be next to Harry. She held him in her arms, "we only truly have each other now." Harry said against her arm. He clung to her like a child and she tried her best to remain strong for him. But after the promise of being reunited with her father finally she felt pain knowing she'd never see him again.

When Rowen was reunited with George he wasted no time in checking over her wounds an calling her stupid.

"You have one more year left and you go and try and get yourself killed. You're insane."

"Well, you know what they say about us Black's. As crazy as they come." Rowen kissed him, "I love you." she said into his neck before kissing him.

"I love you too. I'm so glad you didn't die."

"You and me both. But I don't wish that curse on my worst enemy, and right now my enemy is Voldemort. It was awful. It felt like I was being set on fire." George pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head.

"I'll try my best to protect you from feeling like that ever again."

"Just don't die for me. I won't be able to forgive myself if you do."

"I'll do my best." they laid there for awhile in the George's bed, "so we are opening a joke shop in Diagon Alley."

"I bet it's going to be amazing. Just like you." Rowen said kissing him once more. She sighed in content and thought this was the calm before the storm and she wasn't looking forward to the number of deaths the storm was going to bring.