Chapter Thirteen

I was in Calculus, and once again Blake and Jordan were bickering stupidly behind me. I almost groaned out loud. The teacher was reading the newspaper while we were all meant to be doing our work.

Of course, they weren't.

"Please, I'm the King of cheesy pickup lines," Jordan challenged, holding his head in the air.

Blake rolled his eyes. "You are not."

"Oh yeah? I'll prove it."

Please don't say my name, please don't say my name.

"Stef," Jordan poked me and I groaned.

"What do you want?"

"Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I died fifteen years ago just like that pickup line."

Blake whistled. "Burn," he laughed. "My turn."

He cleared his throat. "Is your phone in your pocket? Cause your ass is calling me," he threw his fist in the air. "I win."

Jordan shook his head. "You don't win yet." He cracked his knuckles. "Are you Irish? Cause I-Rish you were naked," he winked.

"So Blake complimented my butt and you wished I was naked. Why am I even your friend?" I asked myself, wondering out loud which caused them both to dramatically roll their eyes.

"If you keep rolling your eyes you might find a brain back there," I said, licking my finger and putting it to my skin while making a 'tss' sound with my mouth. "I'm on fire."

"Yeah cause you're so hot," Jordan said triumphantly, throwing his fist into the air and cheering himself on. "I believe I win."

We all burst out in laughter. The teacher was either too bored to care or didn't notice, because we got away with laughing our heads off for a good minute or so.

I shook my head at the idiots that I called my friends, before turning around and finishing my work off.

>< >< ><

When class ended, there was a short break in between periods. Just as I was putting my books away and heading to the gym, since I had forgotten my uniform, I got a call from Christen's mum, aka my aunt.

I answered straight away. "Hey, what's up?"

She sounded panicked; stressed. "Stephanie? Have you seen Christen lately?"

Her voice was urgent, and it made me worried. "No, sorry. Haven't you contacted him?"

"No, not since he was staying with you. When you called me before, I tried calling him but he never called back. I haven't talked to him since," she said, all in one breath. She sounded worried and tired at the same time.

"God, I'm sorry. I'll walk around after school tonight and see if I can maybe spot him, he could've just passed out drunk somewhere," I reassured her, although I wasn't so sure myself.

She breathed a sigh. "Thank you. Call me if you find him, please."

"I will, I promise. I gotta go to gym, bye," I said, hanging up after she said goodbye.

I walked into the gym, and students in my Gym class were starting to gather. I went to sit down on the bleachers, having forgotten my sports uniform like an idiot.

I watched as the teacher, or coach,  walked in, holding netballs. His eyes scanned the gym, them stopped on the three kids who didn't have uniform.