Chapter XIX

I looked at Cayden and furrowed my eyebrows at him, questioning his sudden presence through my eyes. He looks at me and smiles, I think he didn't quite understand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in an ever-so-serious tone.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? Get in," He says, not answering my question as I rolled my eyes at him. He didn't understand again.

"Oh, you mean both of us?" Amelia shots out of nowhere and I look behind me to give Amelia a look to shut up, "I mean you guys go ahead." Amelia smiles and I shoot her another look, telling her to knock it off.

"You know what," Amelia says as she soon walks towards me, "I'll see you in school later," She says before leaving me all alone with Cayden.

I look at Cayden who appears to be smiling right at me, "You do know that we'll be late to school if you'll just keep on standing there all day," Cayden says.

"Well, I didn't even tell you to come here and pick me up."

"And a thank you would honestly suffice instead," Cayden says. "But if you don't want, I'll just head to school without you and leave you alone here for you to wait for the school bus to pick you up..."

I rolled my eyes and opened the passenger seat's car door and hopped inside. I rolled down the window and stuck my head out, "What are you still doing there? Come on!" I said and he smiles at me before entering his car.

I buckled up my seat belt and felt his breath caress my skin when I looked ahead of me, the first thing I saw was Cayden's nose touching mine, "Okay, woah there. Hi, mister trouble," I told him. "Aren't you familiar with the word 'space'?" I said.

"I certainly do," Cayden says.

"M'kay then, drive," I told him and he flashes me another smile before he turns on his engine and starts driving.

This weird crazy feeling, I'm not liking it at all. I turned to my side and watch how fast we pass by the trees and soon before I know it, we're out of my neighborhood. I suddenly missed the comforts of my bed.

We arrived at school in less than 10 minutes. It was a quiet ride on the way to school but I wouldn't argue about it since I won't trade anything for that to happen again (the quietness, I mean). I stepped out of the car and saw Amelia already approaching me.

"Feels nice to finally get to ride in his car, huh?" She says as I furrow my eyebrows and gave her a questioning look as she looks over at Cayden who is now trying to squeeze his way out of these girls who are madly in love with him.

"What does that even mean?" I asked her.

"I rode his car once," Amelia says as she continues to watch Cayden, which is kind of getting weird by the second it gets longer, "No actually, I rode with him a bunch of times with this exact same car he's using."

I gave her another questioning look. Amelia seems to be too serious right now and these past few days, I'm starting to question it. It's as if the old Amelia has left and a new Amelia entered her soul.

"What are you--"

I was cut off when she suddenly grabs my wrist and takes me inside the school, "We're going to be late," She says and I just followed her.

Once I entered the school, in just a blink of an eye, I go spinning around and was met with the eyes of the most disgusting human being I have ever laid my eyes on before, "Good morning, Gorgeous," Levi says.