vii.

To say that Taehyung's training with Jeongguk had made him instantly better would be a lie. At least, Taehyung likes to think he's gotten better at fighting. Jeongguk argues that if he continues like that, he'll tire himself out.

Five months later and Taehyung doesn't know what bothers him the most. The fact that Jeongguk's not allowing him to join the others on missions despite his constant begging or the fact that he's fallen head over heals for Jeongguk. During the ruthless five months of training, the two have become inseparably close. 

It was odd if the two weren't seen together, even on campus. Upon returning to college, it was Taehyung's luck that everyone believed his story on injuring his leg in a hit-and-run accident as he was heading to the dorms from work, claiming on having to stay at his friend's place until he healed.

Jeongguk and Taehyung constantly scheduled meet-ups between classes, either to discuss the next training session or enjoy one of those talk about everything and anything for hours sessions because Taehyung always had a story to tell and Jeongguk was all ears.

Although Jeongguk was strictly business during the training hours, he was just like any other guy. He was a student, just like Taehyung, and had other interests as well. In fact, the two discovered that they shared several similar interests that they were able to click to easily.

Taehyung saw the younger in a different perspective. Jeongguk wasn't authoritative because he was the gang's leader or a insensitive asshole, no. He was protective. He made sure they all followed his every command for their own safety. If something were to go wrong, it would be Jeongguk's responsibility to make sure everyone made it out alive.

Taehyung learned that the reason Jeongguk showed no emotions was because the younger male felt it was a sign of weakness. Feelings meant putting your guard down, allowing yourself to become vulnerable.

However, day by day, Jeongguk had never expected to find the older male so amusing; whether it being in the way Taehyung apologizes to the fake life-size dummies after target practice or the way he shouts vulgar words while shooting innocent bystanders in a video game.

"You refuse to steal something as basic like candy from a store, yet your character is a pigeon and you're robbing someone's vehicle in this stupid game. What the fuck?" Jeongguk questioned, watching from the couch.