Chapter 38

Hey guys! I think you'll like this chapter, there's some major drama ahead! Thanks so much for everything, and enjoy!

***

Draco's POV -

I ease myself onto an open couch, and Jennifer plops down right next to me. She leans her head on my shoulder, and throws a small smile in my direction, which I'm assuming is to calm me down a little bit. But there's no way in hell that's possible with Blu and Zabini here. I don't trust either of them.

"I see you've decided to join in, huh?" Blaise says, raising one of his eyebrows at me mockingly from across the area.

"Yes." I snap hotly, and don't say anything else. He'll keep trying to anger me until I'm on my feet and knocking his teeth out, which is something I promised Jennifer I'd try to do less.

"Cool it, you guys...let's just get started." Pansy chimes in, and I sigh in exasperation. The palpable tension in the room eases a little bit, but not by much.

"Okay, who goes first?" Flint asks.

"I will." Jennifer exclaims, raising her hand excitedly.

Jesus, this is going to be a fucking disaster.

Just as I'm about to protest, Kyle interjects. "No, I'll do it."

Jennifer sighs, but doesn't try to fight back. Relief pours through me, but I know it won't last for long. She's made it clear that she's not quitting this stupid game until she gets a turn.

"Alright...Derek. Truth or dare?" Kyle begins, the rest of the crowd watching him with anticipation clouding their eyes.

"...Dare." Derek decides, slightly grinning. An audible 'oooh' rises up from the crowd of people watching, and I roll my eyes.

"Hmm...I dare you to go kiss that girl over there." Kyle says, raising his eyebrows. He extends his pointer finger out across the room towards a tall brunette with bright red lipstick. I don't recognize her; she must be from another house.

"Can I kiss her friend?" Derek says after examining the two girls for a moment. A small grimace adorns his face.

Her friend, a blonde, is better looking than the brunette, but not by much. Hopefully, Kyle will let it slide, but I doubt it.

"Nope, brunette it is." Kyle states plainly, causing his friend to sigh in annoyance.

Derek shifts himself off of the couch, and saunters rather airily across the room toward the two girls, who grin at each other when they notice him approaching.

In less than two minutes, Derek has both of them hanging all over him, one of his arms wrapped around both waists. His lips shift in between the two girls, and it's evident he won't be coming back any time soon.

"Well-he'll be back in a few minutes, maybe longer." Blu shrugs, her words suggestive.

The game drags by agonizingly slow - for me, at least. Blu gives an ecstatic Flint a lap dance, Derek downs almost an entire bottle of firewhiskey when he returns, Blaise ends up with his shirt off (which I'm not happy about), and kisses Pansy.

Daring each other to do pointless stuff like this is honestly dumb as hell, although everyone else seems to get a kick out of it. I hadn't minded in 5th year, but as Blaise finally pulls away from Pansy with red smudges covering his neck, I find myself rather annoyed. The only person I want to kiss is Jennifer, ever.