Part 32: I Hate People

Thank you so much everyone for all the love you've given me since my last update! I love that you're enjoying the story cause it makes it more enjoyable for me to write :)

Anyway, enjoy this chapter it's pretty intense and super long. Love you all so much!!

We walked in on a rowdy bunch of pre-adults stumbling around and laughing with music jamming in the background.

I linked my arm through Masons who had his hands stuffed in his pockets at the front of his jacket.

Someone crossed in front of us with a red cup and Mason had to hold me back so I didn't get trodden on.

"What happened to the fun house party?" I joked as we made our way through the house to the back deck that had been cleared of snow so people could stand outside. There were a few outdoor heaters on so no one would be too uncomfortable.

"Ashley! Thank god you're here." She exclaimed, pulling me roughly into a hug causing me to stumble slightly.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked, panic immediately making its way into my voice as I brushed her hair out of my mouth.

"Nothing... I was just really excited to see you." She gave me a quizzical look before I realised I'd over reacted.

Mason pulled me to his side and kept his hand tight on my waist as he looked around, his face stoic and unreadable

"How you been Mason?" Asked Cameron as they first bumped each other.

"Not too bad, how about you?"

"Pretty good actually, in fact, Mel and I have some news." They looked at each other with beaming grins and glinting eyes.

Oh yes! I was about to win ten quid!

"We're moving in together!" Mel bounced up and down and I felt my face break into a smile.

"Well, you basically already live together." Joked Mason which earned him a roll of the eyes from Mel. We discussed their living situation for a while longer, but it was more of me telling Mel of what she would have to put up with while living with a guy:

Leaving the toilet seat up.
Not stacking the dishwasher properly.
Apparently not knowing how to do dishes.
Not wiping down the shower.
Smelly farts.
And the list went on and on.

I got a few nudges from Mason here and there but plenty of laughter from Cameron.

The music continued to blare through the speakers and a group of boys from a chemistry course had started a game of beer pong.

We'd stolen the seats of a few hipsters who'd left and were quite cozy under the outdoor heaters.

"I'll be right back, just going to the loo." I muttered in Masons ear before getting up from under his arm and walking inside. I followed the makeshift sign that said toilet up the stairs until I reached the dark corridor, just illuminated from the light downstairs.

I did my business and checked my makeup in the mirror, wiping under my eyes to clear any mascara that may have smudged in the cold.

But I was in no way expecting what I saw when I opened the door.

I turned out of the door way and straight into the chest of a tall guy whose scent I distinctly remembered.

"Lucas." I gasped, distancing myself from him and holding onto the wall.

"It's been a while." He said, his voice deep and calm. So calm, in fact, it sent a shiver down my spine.

"Yeah, well, there's been circumstances where meeting has been a bit of a problem." I made to move around him but he blocked my way.