Chapter 29

Maggie's view:

It had been two days since Scarlett left and during that time, Rick had met with the Governor since Andrea had set up a meeting. I was sitting next to Beth, preparing food for the group. "She should be back by now." Beth mumbled, and I turned to look at her. "She's fine, Beth, I'm sure she just ran into some trouble, and got behind." Beth nodded and continued to make plates. "Andrea was right though." I looked at her again and then continued to finish the plate. "About what?" I asked. "About Scarlett, how she's changed." She said softly and I placed a hand on her shoulder. "I think everything is getting to her now, but she'll get through it. She just needs space." Beth nodded.

Scarlett's view:

I shoved the girl towards the bike and watched as she climbed on. I shot three more walkers in the head before the house burst into flames, attracting them like moths. I swung my leg over the bike and sat in front of the girl. She had a red ponytail that stopped at her shoulder and she gripped my sides harshly, causing me to wince. I started the bike and sped off towards my home, towards my family, and away from the past.

"How the hell did you know I was there?!?" The girl shouted and I sped up. "Call it a lucky guess!" I shouted back and heard her chuckle. "Lucky my ass!" She shouted forwards. I rolled my eyes and followed the road. "Still a pain, I see!" I shouted back at her and she scoffed. "Still stubborn!" She snapped back.

Maggie's view:

It was getting dark, and everyone was sitting around waiting. Rick and Daryl had gotten back and had told everyone about the meeting with the governor. Glenn and Merle had gotten into a fight after Merle wanted to go out and assassinate the governor. Me and Michonne had finally managed to pull Glenn off of Merle, who had dusted himself off and acted like it was nothing. I was holding Judith in my arms, and Rick and Daryl kept to themselves while some of the others stayed inside. Suddenly, we heard a hum of an engine and we all stood up, pointing our weapons at the fence.

A hooded figure and a girl about the same height walked through the fence. The girl had red hair pulled back into a ponytail and was wearing a grey tank top and ripped, blue skinny jeans. The hooded figure had a hood covering her face, a black tank top and ripped, blue skinny jeans. "That's far enough!" Rick shouted aiming the pistol at the figures. "Woah, how bout you chill with the weapon there." The girl said, but I could tell that she wasn't afraid of it. Suddenly, the hooded figure lifted her fingers to the hood of her jacket that covered her face. "Such a nice welcoming party." Scarlett joked, a bright white scar over her left eye. "Well I'll be damn, you made it back alive." I smirked and walked over to her. "Wow, did you really think I wouldn't come back?" She suddenly looked up at Beth. I turned to see Beth glaring at Scarlett. "Two days, Scar. Gone for two whole days, I thought you were dead!" Scarlett shoved her hands into her pocket. It was funny seeing her react to Beth, who is much younger than her.

"We had a problem." She said simply and then turned to Daryl, who was standing near the shadows. "Who's the girl?" He said gruffly. She turned to the girl and nudged her forwards, the girl turned back and glared at Scarlett. "The name's Leona." She said proudly and then glanced at Rick. "And you? What's your name, since ya wanna wave that gun around?" Rick looked her over and then at Scarlett. "Rick Grimes." Leona nodded and then turned to me. "Maggie Green." She looked at Daryl, but then turned to Scarlett. "These people understand you?" She questioned and Scarlett looked at each of us. "Mostly, just don't be an ass." She hissed. Leona pushed her in the stomach and she winced, causing Daryl to stand up straight. Scarlett wasted no time though and grabbed her by her tank top. "Don't play games with me, Leona. I'm not the same as I was before." She hissed. Leona watched Scarlett carefully and stepped back when Scarlett released her. "You finally snapped, huh? Bout damn time, could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you did it earlier." Leona smirked and Scarlett scoffed. "Then I would be a killer like you." She huffed and walked away. "I did what I had to do! Don't walk away from me!" Leona shouted and followed Scarlett into the prison. I looked at Daryl, Rick, and Beth and they looked back, thinking the same thing. We followed the two, knowing that they had something between them that wasn't exactly clear yet and that it could end badly since Scarlett wasn't fully healed.