The Crocodile

Adelaide was always thankful whenever the Jolly Roger docked to shore, she was used to life on the sea but she still secretly preferred the way dry land felt underneath her feet. She had a separate cabin room to the other crew members at request of the Captain. It was a very simple cabin; she had a beautiful hand carved four poster bed that stood in the centre of her room and a vanity that she often sat at, it was the place that let her think clearly when she couldn't think. It was the place that her love watched her as she brushed her raven hair gently every morning and night. She just finished preparing herself for the return to shore when there was a knock at her door, she called a gentle come in.

"Captain," She called gently knowing that there was the only one person who would enter her bedchamber unannounced.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay love."

"Killian, I'll be fine. It's a small town, we won't get into much trouble here."

"I would still be more comfortable if you took one of my men with you." Killian said as Adelaide turned away from her mirror to face him. He put his left hand up to her face, before he moved it to her hair. He may have been the Captain of a pirate vessel but whenever his Adelaide was involved he was just the honourable Lieutenant he used to be. He moved his hand to her raven black hair, he loved the way it felt in his fingers. "Or perhaps I could come with you."

"You know that you cannot Killian, you and your men have business to attend to... and I don't just mean the tavern."

"If you need me-"

"Go Killian, I will be fine."

"All right, all right love." He said giving in because he knew that he would never win against his love, she had him wrapped around her little finger. "You know where I am, if you need me."

"I do, now go."

Adelaide allowed him to leave, she knew there was no way he was going to let her go to the village on her own. He would always make one of his crew follow her just in case. She didn't mind, honestly it showed that he cared about her and her safety. She went around her normal business and it was almost dark, the moon was only just coming out from behind it's cloud as she made her way back to the Jolly Roger passing the tavern on her way by – she could tell by the sound that the crew were still inside, however she saw a sweet little boy standing outside in the cold, she herself was shivering and she was wrapped in a warm shawl. She bent down to his height so she could speech to him, with a kind and calming tone to make sure he was all right.

"Are you all right my boy?"

"I... think so," Adelaide could see the poor boy shivering through his thin cloak so she took her shawl of and handed it to the boy not caring about the cold she was starting to feel, he then wrapped it around himself gratefully. "Thank you miss."

"My name is Adelaide, what's yours?"

"I'm Baelfire."

"Is your father inside Baelfire?" Adelaide asked hoping the answer would be yes because she didn't want to find out the poor boy was homeless.

"Yes, papa went inside after my mama... but that was a while ago."

"How about we go inside together, we'll find you papa." Adelaide said standing once more, offering the boy her hand. He took her hand and together they went inside the tavern, were warms greeted them in a second. She could see Killian, who hadn't seen her but she could see her shadow walking up to him to inform him. "Do you see him yet Baelfire?"