34: Green Envy

Hey everyone! Unexpected! I managed to put this out before Tuesday yay! This is a double upload today. Hope you liked what I did with the last few chapters, making Harley more of the centre attention. It's been interesting but I promise that things will get more interesting for the better. I like this chapter because we see a slightly different Ivy.

On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

Harley got in the car and smiled at Ivy. "Hi baybee" Harley greeted happily. "Hey... You been hanging out with uhh... Eve again?" Ivy asked, knowing Harley was late again. "Yeah, we looked around some shops in the mall" Harley replied. Ivy nodded and began to drive.

Ivy and Harley entered the house. Ivy went into the living room and sat down with her arms crossed. "Red? You okay? You've been quiet all the way in the car" Harley asked worriedly. "I'm fine" Ivy replied, not looking at Harley. "Please look at me" Harley begged, stepping a few steps closer. "Red look at me!" Harley said. "What!?" Ivy replied, looking at Harley. The sudden outburst startled Harley. "W-what's wrong red? Did I do something wrong?" Harley asked softly. "No... Yes I-I don't know!" Ivy replied, getting confused. "What's wrong?" Harley asked. "I just feel so angry" Ivy told her. "What about?" Harley replied, sitting next to Ivy.

"You and Eve... It's been three weeks and you spend so much time with her" Ivy revealed. "Yeah, cause she's my friend" Harley answered. "Is it only because your friends?!" Ivy demanded. "I-I don't... What do you mean?" Harley stuttered. "Harl, you are in a relationship. You've told me that Eve likes girls" Ivy began, seeing if Harley would get the hint. "Yeah so?" Harley replied. Ivy groaned in frustration and stood up. "She's attracted to girls, she's single, you two hang out a lot. Don't you think that maybe she's in love with you!?" Ivy told her. "So what?" Harley said. "So what!? Eve is trying to get with you! And you're with me! What about you? Do you feel the same?" Ivy asked. Harley was taken aback by the question.

There was a pause. The air was tense. "Do you!?" Ivy shouted, eyes welling up with tears. Harley jumped before Ivy ran out the room, sobbing. Harley couldn't believe what had just happened. Their relationship had been so strong, so solid so far. Sure they had disagreed with the little things, but they had never come to this. This was serious. This was the big test in their relationship. Harley was confused by everything. But all she knew was she had to fix it and she knew she could.

Harley found Ivy in the bedroom, curled up on the bed crying and sniffing. Harley paused for a few moments, thinking what to say. In fact, she didn't know what to say. But she knew she had to speak from her heat. "Red?" Harley called softly. Ivy didn't reply. Harley took a deep breath and walked over. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at Ivy. "I have been beaten up, arrested, shouted at and embarrassed. But this has hurt me the most. Not in a bad way but... In a way that makes me sad. All the other things hurt in a painful way but this is hurting my emotions. One of the whole reasons why I love you is because you've looked after me so much in the past. Even now you still have to pick me up when I fall down. You red have always stood by me and protected me. I would never give my heart to someone I hardly know" Harley told her. "Then why didn't you answer me? Why didn't you answer me when I asked if you felt the same" Ivy asked. "Two reasons..." Harley began, placing her hand on Ivy's cheek. "One, I was not expecting you to ask me a question like that. It caught me off guard and two... I never would feel the same way to someone else when I have you. My heart belongs to you red. Yeah I loved The Joker but that was different. My mind was clouded, manipulated into loving that monster. But with you it's... it's genuine. My love for you isn't just in my heart. But here red, in my mind. I feel connected to ya. I only love you. No one else. Eve is my friend, you are mah girlfriend forever" Harley explained, smiling down at Ivy.

Ivy sniffed and took a deep breath. "I know... I-I'm sorry" Ivy said softly. Harley moved round and laid behind Ivy. Ivy immediately turned round so they were laying face to face. "Valentine's Day tomorrow" Harley grinned. Ivy smiled, wiping her nose. "We should do something" Ivy replied. "We should definitely do something" Harley agreed. Harley then wiped Ivy's tears with her thumb. Harley leaned in and kissed Ivy on the lips. "You are the only one I love" Harley half whispered, when her lips pulled away from Ivy's lips. Ivy smiled and pulled Harley close to her.

"I'm sorry Harl, I really am" Ivy apologized. "It's okay red. I forgive ya... Ya know, I think I realized something" Harley grinned. "What's that?" Ivy asked. "You was jealous. For the first time, you were jealous and it was kinda cute" Harley revealed. "Wha-who-me jealous? No, no, no. Not me" Ivy nervously laughed. "Don't deny it ya big softie, you was jealous!" Harley teased. "I'm a softie!? I can take you down so easily" Ivy smiled. "Yeah right! I know your weak spot so keep talking softie. I'll remember this" Harley told her. "So will I you cheeky minx" Ivy replied, leaning close to Harley with a smile on her face. Ivy stared into Harley's sparkling blue eyes. "I could lay here forever with you in my arms" Ivy sighed happily. "Get a lifetime supply of pizza and I'm in" Harley giggled. Ivy laughed and placed her forehead up against Harley's...

--------------------

I absolutely love the dialogue from Harley in this. I don't know if you all agree but I think it's so cute and adorable. The ending is really cute as well. Told you cuteness will always find its way back into the chapters.

So the reason behind the double upload is I'm releasing a chapter tomorrow and it fits really well with it being Valentine's Day.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit difficult for me and maybe I'll explain. I don't know, I'll see. I do wish that everyone has a great Valentine's Day, especially to those who have a special someone in their life.

Next chapter is titled 'Sun, Sea and the Beach'. See you all next chapter!