Chapter 4

Vic smiled and kissed the top of the little's head as he unfastened him from his booster seat and picked the boy up. Kellin let out an adorable giggle—something he seemed to do often when it came to being around his new daddy—and wrapped his legs around Vic's waist, his head propped on Vic's shoulder.

"Daddy, what all are we getting? Can we get ice cream after?" Kellin asked, tracing shapes on Vic's back as he looked down at the asphalt moving under him quickly with every step Vic took as the two—well, Vic—walked hurriedly across the parking lot.

"If you're good you can get ice cream and anything you want. But, remember baby, you only get ice cream as a reward. That means you have to be on your bes-"

"Behavior, I know Daddy don't worry," Kellin responded, kissing the side of his daddy's neck. "I'll even hold your hand the whole time," he said, dragging whole out until it was two syllables rather than one. Vic chuckled and squeezed the little's leg lightly.

"That's right, you've got to be a good boy for Daddy" Vic stated with the upmost seriousness. Kellin nodded his head obediently and clambered off of his daddy, giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek as he did so. He smiled at Vic and took his hand in his, swinging their interlocked gingers back and forth between the two of them. The couple walked inside of the store and Kellin let out an excited squeal as he looked around the toy store excitedly.

"Daddy!" He exclaimed, bouncing on the heels of his feet. "There's so much! I wanna bouncy ball! And Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys! Daddy! Can I have a Cabbage Patch Doll? An-and some stuffies? Ooh Daddy! Race cars are fun too!" Kellin said excitedly, dragging his poor daddy behind him until Vic stopped him to grab a shopping cart.

"Well, let's look and see," Vic said. He kissed Kellin's cheek sweetly and moved to hold onto the shopping basket. Kellin grinned and ducked down.

"Look Daddy, it's like London Bridges," he said, standing in between Vic's arms and the basket. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Vic's lips before he turned around and gripped the basket handle. Vic chuckled and kissed Kellin's neck softly as the two of them started walking slowly, Kellin's head whipped this way and that as he observed all of the toys that now surrounded the two of them.

"Anything you see that you want Baby Doll?" Vic murmured, not really caring about any of the toys. Vic was far more interested in the look of amazement and wonder on Kellin's face as he stared at it all wide eyed.

"Can we look at those bouncy balls?" Kellin asked, already pushing the basket in the direction of the giant cage of balls.

"You want a ball?" Vic asked, arching an eyebrow. Kellin giggled and gave his daddy the most innocent look he could muster.

"I want two balls daddy, two balls and maybe a stick too," he said.

Vic stopped walking, making Kellin bump into the basket. "Kelli, no."

His little covered his mouth and giggled. "Daddy, I'm just kidding. I'm not ready for that yet. Neither are you," he said before they started walking. Kellin ducked from under Vic's – who was still in shock by his little's words—and ran to grab a ball from the cage. He grinned and bounced it once to his daddy who smiled and shook himself from his stupor before bouncing it back to his little hedgehog. Kellin smiled and kept it in one arm as he took Vic's hand in his, the two started walking once again when Kellin let out a happy squeal, dropped the ball in the basket and ran up to a large bin full of stuffed animals.

"Daddy, can I get some?" Kellin asked, giving his daddy the best puppy dog face he could possibly muster. Vic sighed and gave him a look.

"I don't know, you let go of my hand Baby Doll, stuffies are for good hedgehogs who deserve an award. I think you deserve a punishment," he teased.

Kellin let out a little whine. "Daddy! I'm sorry!"

"That's another rule you broke," Vic tsked, shaking his head. "You know what two broken rules mean," he said.

Kellin's eyes widened. First was a warning, second was a spankie. Kellin didn't want that to happen at all. "I'm sorry Daddy, please don't give me a spankie," he said, pushing his lip out.

Vic hummed. "You get three stuffies and then we're going to go home."

Kellin pushed his lip out even farther, his eyes watered slightly. "N-no ice cream?"

"Ice cream's an award, Baby Doll," Vic sang, taking Kellin's hand as the boy picked out a few stuffed animals sadly. Once they finished and checked out, Vic put Kellin in his booster seat with his paci, which Kellin promptly stuck in his mouth as he continued his little pout, refusing to even say a word.

Vic gave the boy a sly grin that Kellin didn't seem to notice before he climbed into the front seat and started to drive. Only, he didn't drive home—not that Kellin noticed—he drove to the closest ice cream shop and pulled into the drive thru. Kellin let out a squeal once he noticed where they were at.

"You're getting ice cream!?" He shouted happily. Vic smirked.

"I'm getting me ice cream," he lied, causing Kellin to let out a little whine.

"That's not fair daddy!" Kellin whined before slapping a hand over his mouth, he'd already gotten in trouble for whining, he didn't want that to happen again. Vic chuckled and quietly ordered a vanilla soft serve ice cream with sprinkles. Vic didn't know what his baby liked but, he couldn't go wrong with vanilla.

Vic drove forward and paid before receiving the ice cream cone. "Alright," he said, turning to hand it to Kellin. "Here you go Baby Doll."

Kellin squealed and took the ice cream, happily taking a lick from it. Vic glanced back in the mirror and smiled at Kellin as he licked it. The little probably didn't realize that he looked so sexy just licking that ice cream. Vic looked back at the road and held a small smile on his face all the while. This was the best part about being a daddy, making his little hedgehog happy.