Chapter 6

Kellin whined and crawled on top of his sleeping daddy and kissed his cheek softly. His daddy looked so calm and peaceful. Kellin sighed and looked around his daddy's bedroom. It was two in the morning and the little couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, Kellin was plagues with nightmares, and the poor little didn't like it. Bert couldn't only do so much to keep them away.

"Daddy," the little whispered, poking the sleeping man's nose. "Daddy!" He shouted when he got no response.

Vic groaned and rubbed at his eyes. "Quiet little hedgehog, Daddy's trying to sleep," he murmured, wrapping Kellin up in his arms. Kellin let out a goofy giggle as Vic buried his face in the crook of his little's neck and kicked his leg over Kellin's waist.

"Daddy," he laughed, running his fingers through Vic's hair.

"Rock-a-bye Kelli in the tree top," Vic sang as he kissed Kellin's collarbone. "Here," he muttered, wrapping his blanket around his little.

"Daddy, I can't sleep." Kellin pouted. "I keep getting nightmares," he told his daddy in a baby voice.

That woke Vic up. He sat straight up, his hair a big rat's nest as he looked at Kellin. "Nightmares?"

Kellin nodded. "Nightmares," he confirmed.

"Well," Vic hummed and climbed out of bed. "That just won't do." He grabbed the blankets and wrapped them tight around Kellin, making sure none of Kellin's skin showed aside from his face.

"What are you doing, Daddy?" Kellin asked. Vic kissed his nose sweetly and picked him up bridal style.

"I am going to get rid of those nasty nightmares," his daddy responded, making his way down the stairs.

"How?"

"With some chocolate milk, your stuffies, a movie and popcorn," he said, kissing Kellin sweetly as he set him down on the kitchen island once he reached the room. "Now, can you walk to the living room or do I need to carry you there?"

"I don't want food," Kellin whined.

Vic gave his little a stern look. "I don't care, you barely ate supper earlier." Vic crossed his arms as he gave Kellin a disapproving look.

Kellin pouted. "Instead of popcorn, what about baby carrots and cucumbers? Oh and juice!?"

His daddy sighed. Vic knew that he wasn't going to win the particular battle with the little. But, that didn't mean he couldn't compromise.

"Apple slices with Nutella and chocolate milk."

"White milk."

"And cookies."

"One cookie," Kellin argued.

"Two and don't argue with me Kellin Bostwick."

Kellin scowled. "Fine."

His daddy grinned triumphantly. "Now, get your adorable booty to the living room while I get it all ready."

Kellin stuck his lip and arms. "Carry me?"

Vic let out a silly, overdramatic sigh and threw Kellin over his shoulder, blankets and all. Kellin let out a squeal as he became face to face with his daddy's pajama covered behind.

"Daddy."

"Yeah Kelli?"

"You have a cute booty," Kellin said with a giggle.

Vic chuckled and patted Kellin's butt. "I know I do, Baby Doll," he hummed, thinking back to all of the times his wife had told him the same thing multiple times before. He continued to the living room where he sat his little hedgehog down on the sofa and wrapped him up into a blanket burrito. "Stay," he instructed before leaving Kellin there.

He went up to Kellin's nursery and grabbed every stuff animal he could find—making sure he grabbed Bert from his little bed next to Kellin's as well. Vic went back to the living room where Kellin was, still cuddled up and looking around the room. The little's eyes lit up as his daddy arranged all of the stuffies around him. Vic kissed Kellin's forehead softly before he quickly put a movie in the DVD player and turned the television on.

"This isn't gonna make the nightmares go away," Kellin mumbled, pulling his blankies over his head. Vic said nothing as he went into the kitchen, grabbed a box of Girl Scout cookies he kept hiding in the back of his pantry, he slice up an apple and put a glob of Nutella on the Frozen plate along with the cut up apples and two cookies. He then poured milk in Kellin's sippy cup, grabbed one of his binkies and headed back to the living room.

"Sit up for a sec babe," Vic said, causing Kellin's tummy to flutter at the nickname. Vic set the sippy cup and plate in Kellin's lap, place the pacifier on the side of his plate before he slipped behind Kellin on the couch. He wrapped his arms around Kellin's waist, pressed play on the movie and kissed behind Kellin's ear.

"Eat a slice," he murmured, burying his face in the crook of Kellin's neck. Kellin smiled as his daddy covered his shoulder in soft, open mouthed kisses. He looked down at the apples and cookies and crinkled his nose.

"Do I have to?" He complained, stirring an apple slice around in the Nutella as the opening number of Frozen played in the background.

"One cookie, the whole sippy of milk and half of the apples," Vic advised. "A full tummy gives you a good night's sleep."

"It does?" Kellin asked in a small voice, nibbling at the edge of an apple slice.

"Yeah it does baby, and it'll make you feel so much better in the morning when you wake up."

His little nodded his head and gingerly took a larger bite of his apple. Before Kellin knew it, he found himself falling asleep on his daddy's chest.

Vic smiled and kissed the top of Kellin's head. He stuck the little's binkie in his mouth, moved his plate and sippy cup to the coffee table. Vic then shut off the television, not particularly wanting to hear Elsa let it go again. He soon followed his hedgehog's suit and fell fast asleep on the couch, neither one having a single nightmare the rest of the night.