e. five

"Hold on, dad!" Fred called as Mr. Weasley announced that he, along with Bill, Charlie and Percy, are leaving to help the Ministry with the situation in hand.

Ron stood behind him, watching the smallest Muggle child, who had begun to spin like a top, sixty feet above the ground, had his head flopping limply from side to side.

"We'll talk later, George," Mr. Weasley stated, confusing Fred with George, before he walked off urgently. "It's a real emargnecy."

"But dad--" Fred called, trying to get his attention, but he was too far away. "Sawyer's gone."

::

When Sawyer came to her senses, she was laying on something cold and hard. She pushed against it, her hand suddenly engulfed with something warm and mushy.

Mud.

Confused, she dizzily stood up.

Last she remembered, she was getting sleepy while playing cards with Fred and George.

A breeze suddenly chilled her to the bone, and as she shivered, something suddenly felt as though it was burning against her skin. Sawyer turned to spot the burning sensation, but there was nothing next to her.

She spotted the light of a fire behind some trees, and before her mind realized what she was doing, her legs were already carrying her there, heart attempting to escape her chest.

The night sky above her was hidden by trees, but even if it weren't it would be dark, the sky void of any light.

The only sound in the forest was the crickling fire as it burned down everything that came in touch with it.

She slowly made her way to the fire, aware of the danger.

A boy was sitting by it, a snake sitting next to him. Hesitatingly, she looked over at the brown haired boy. He seemed older than her, and the way he was sitting by a snake, completely calm... A chill passed through her spine. It unnerved her.

"Are you shivering from the cold?" the boy wondered, and she looked to him in surprise. His dark eyes seized her up, the same way she seized him up. Hesitatingly, she nodded. "Join me," he offered. "It's warm here."

Nodding once more, she slowly walked over.

They stared at each other, seizing the person in front of them, alarmed. They were both suddenly aware of the difference between them.

"Are you lost?" he asked, as the snake twisted around to watch the girl.

"I woke up a way from here," she replied calmly. "You?"

"I am, in a sense."

How long has it been since the last time they've spoke? Why did it feel so similar, yet so different?

"Is that so?"

"In my thoughts, mostly," he hummed, the fire crickling a threat. They couldn't tell who was in bigger danger.

"Why are you here, Tom?"

"To think in peace." he replied, something is his voice tired. "Why are you here, Sawyer?"

She narrowed her eyes, why was she here? And where was Meeko?

"I think you're the one that's supposed to answer this question," she mused. "Why am I here, Tom? Do enlighten me."

He looked at her in silence, before standing up, the fire blazing against his eyes, making them seem red, more than anything.

"It seems that the two of us won't be able to live in peace as long as the other is here."