Feelings suck!!!

It had been a week since my encounter with Leon and Max.

They were trying to find the person behind the shoot out that had occurred during my wedding.

So Leon and I were still not married, which i was glad for but how long could this wedding be avoided for.

But this wasn't my only problem.
No!

No! No! No!

Don't go their again! My conscience warned.

But how could I not.

How Max had looked at me and behaved with me was still not forgotten by me.

No matter how hard I had tried .

He shouldn't have had that look in his eyes while talking to me.

Men like him and Leon don't show these kind of feelings.

Especially not for me.

Me! His soon to be wife's sister and his brother's soon to be wife. My sister had loved Max since we were little.

Sure they  were  also having an arranged marriage but my sister had feelings for him and so did he. Or did he?

I wasn't sure now.

But he couldn't possibly like me? Could he?

Maybe this was some sort of a plan between him and Leon.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden knock coming from the door.

Who could it be? I hope not Leon or Max.

I opened the door and their stood my sister who I had been thinking about and my friend Beatrix.

"Hey sis! Miss us" Yasmina said.

"Not really" I deadpanned.

"Wow I feel so loved" Beatrix said and all of us laughed and hugged each other.

I had missed them both. Alot.
We walked out to the living room and sat down.

"So is  Maximus here? I don't see him anywhere? It's been too long since we talked! How can he tolerate not seeing my beautiful face". Yasmina jested.

"Of course it must be hard for the poor man to tolerate you, too bad he has no choice" Beatrix replied with a straight face which had me laughing like crazy.

"Whatever" Yasmina huffed like a child.

" I am sure he misses you alot but he and Leon are really busy due to the wedding incident. You will see him soon don't worry . He must be missing you too." I assured her.

But I wasn't so sure myself.

" Yeah I guess, but enough about me . We are here to talk about you . How's your and Leon's married life going??" Yasmina asks.

Beatrix looks at me curiously, she knew how against i was to marry Leon.

I gulped as the image of him choking me came to my mind.

But I composed myself and replied " we aren't married yet, the priest got shot before I said yes".

Yes you got strangled trying to save him remember. My conscience reminded me. Yes I did in fact I don't think I'll ever forget.

"Are you listening to me Nanette Moretti" my sister says with annoyance clear in her voice because I had spaced out of the conversation, which was a habit of mine since childhood . And my sister hated it.