- t w o -

~not edited~

*&*&*&*&*&*

- t w o -

*&*&*&*&*&*

"I'm sorry!"

I stood there in shock, trying not to choke on my embarrassment as my hands rose up, confused as to whether or not they should shield my eyes or whack my face. I cringed, unable to move away from the situation I just placed myself in.

"It's fine don't worry about it," Jackie said, smiling at me. She shrugged and moved over to the sink, turning on the faucet. "Got any soap?"

I blinked, and shook my head to wake myself up. "Uh, yeah, bottom cabinet."

She nodded, ready to say thank you, when I suddenly interrupted her unable to keep in my guilt. 

"Okay I'm really sorry, I-I forgot that you were here, and I wouldn't do it on purpose, that's just wrong. I just needed to-"

She sighed, wiping her hands onto her pants and turned to look me straight in the eyes. 

"Did you purposefully try to peek at me? Did you hear me come inside the bathroom and barge in knowing that I was going to take off my pants? 'Cause then we'd have a problem."

Her eyebrows furrowed in dissapointment while her lips were once again pursed in its usual place, trying to get me to confess to something I would never attempt to do.

"What? No!  Of course not, I would never take advantage of a girl, so I could, I won't- I don't even like girls, I mean I do! Its just- nevermind", I grumbled, running my hand through my hair, frustrated at my incoherent speech. It was seven in the morning and I was bantering with a girl that I met less than twenty-four hours ago because I shuffled into the bathroom while she was still using it.

I've never handled girls very well.

I'd completely forgotten that I let some random person into my apartment. Last night was more of a blur, slurring together into this hazy memory. By the time we got to my apartment it was already around twelve o'clock, and I found out that Jackie was a heavy sleeper. She wouldn't wake up until the fifth time I shook her, attracting the attention of John who was a part of the 'neighborhood watch'.

Let's just say it took a while before I could convince him that I wasn't trying to harm the young lady in my car, and that yes, she came with me willingly, and that no, I did not drug her. 

And miraculously, after John asked every question possible, Jackie was finally wide awake. She did trip over a couple steps on the way, making comments about hating stairs and excersise. I was just happy that we were both so tired that it erased any posibiltiy of making things awkward, and after fighting for a good ten minutes, Jackie took the couch, complaining that it made her uncomfortable sleeping on someone else's bed when she's only known them for three hours. 

"Alright, since it's obvious you would have a stroke before you try to perv on anyone, let's just forget about this ok?" She said snapping my atention back to her. Holding in a laugh, her lips twitchied in a crazy manner, making us both seem like lunatics.

Her dark hair was all mussed up from her sleep, sticking onto her cheek and her forehead and it was up in every direction, and her eyes appeared wider in the morning when it wasn't wet with tears.

I quirked my head to the side.

It was interesting seeing her with her guard down and without all of her eye make-up from last night.