Chapter 27

Nora James' P. O. V

"No way!"

My head itches to look up but I still concentrate on the bowl resting in my lap.

I wonder how many pieces of popcorn I can put in my mouth.

A large hand enters my view as they try to grab a fistful of popcorn.

I quickly smack their hand away but unfortunately the owner is quicker and stuffs some on their mouth.

"I am so happy for them, honestly."

I scowl in annoyance as I look to the right of me, only to see Greg talking into his phone with an animated look on his face.

What the hell is he going on about?

I try to listen carefully to the voice on the other end of the line but unfortunately I can only hear a faint buzz of the person speaking.

"Do you know who he's talking to?" I mutter to Ben beside me.

"Ben." I murmur as I elbow him next to me.

Still not getting a response I look to my left only to see an open mouthed Ben sleeping away without a care in the world.

How dare he?

Angrily I shove him off the sofa and sigh in content when a satisfying thud greets my ears along with a groan filled in pain.

"What the hell?" Ben asks trying to scramble up from off of the floor but it takes him some time in his haze of—sleep evoked—disorientation.

"What?" I ask, feigning confusion.

Ben glares at me suspiciously but doesn't say anything as he flops down onto the sofa with a huff then continuing to close his eyes again as he tries to catch some more sleep.

"Hmm? Oh nothing that's just Nora messing about. You know how kids get these days."

My eyebrows raise in surprise and disbelief as I see Greg rolling his eyes and nodding his head to whomever is on the other end of the line.

"Mmhm yeah well what can I say. They do grow up fast but they are such a handful honestly....Mmhm....totally. Yeah it was nice talking to you. We should catch up some time...Okay yeah I'll see you later then." Greg continues as he finishes up his conversation.

Greg places his phone back into his pocket and then looks up to me with a look of complete seriousness.

"Who was that?" I question wearily, not sure whether I actually want to know or not.

"Oh it was just Caleb telling me that Candice and George got back together." He says happily.

"They did?" I ask, smiling now as well.

Good for them.

"Yeah isn't that great."

I nod my head in agreement before I look up to him confused as I realise something.

"How in the world do you even know Caleb?"

I didn't even know that they were familiar with each other let alone know each other.