Chapter 22

Chapter 22

-Ryan Fox- 

  I couldn't register what was happening. One second my lips were nearing hers and the next I was on the ground. I looked up at Alyssa, whose gaze was flickering from her hands to me. That's when the realization hit me. She didn't like me back. I looked back at her dark eyes, which were wide in shock, her mouth was open in the shape of an "o". 

  "I am so sorry," She said quickly, covering her mouth with her left hand. To a spectator, her simple apology seemed to be only for pushing me off the couch, but to me it was for more than one reason.

  "It's fine," I said, shaking my head as I picked myself and the dignity I had left up off the ground. This was a first. "I shouldn't have."

  We fell into an awkward silence and after a few minutes, Alyssa spoke up. "Um, can you take me home now?" 

><><><><

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  "Thanks for the ride," I said to Ryan as I exited his car. I tried to play everything cool, but I managed to get my guitar case a bit stuck in the doorway. He reached over the armrest and grabbed the part of the case where my hand was. Just as quick as his hand was over mine, it was gone. Ryan muttered a quick apology and turned the case, letting it slip out of the car. A small smile crept onto my face and I nodded a goodbye.

  I walked slowly towards my apartment, fumbling with my keys until I found the key to the door. The key worked it's magic and I stored my guitar in the closet before entering the living room. 

  "Hey, how was recording," Nima grinned, looking up from a game of Tomb Raider. I flopped down on the couch, next to him as he pressed buttons on the xbox controller. At this moment, my posture was the least of my problems. "I'm guessing it was okay?"

  "Ryan wrote me a song," I admitted, replaying the entire song inside my mind.

  "And how is that a bad thing?" Nima scoffed, his eyes still glued to the tv screen. "I'd give up pizza for him to write me a song. And I love pizza."

  "He told me that he likes me," I sighed.

  "Fuck," Nima muttered, running both hands through his hair. He picked up his controller and pressed pause. "And fuck, if you know what I mean. Are you serious?"

  "Yeah," I nodded, staring at him closely. "And no, we are not going to fuck."

  "Dammit, I owe Matt twenty bucks now," He said shaking his head. "Ryan couldn't have waited until you said something first? Why didn't you say you liked him first?"

  "You guys made a bet?" I groaned, covering my eyes with my hands. 

  "Yeah, who wouldn't?" Nima grinned, turning to me just to mess up my hair with his hand. "So, what happened after? Did you tell him that you like him back?"

  I scowled as I smoothed down my hair, "He tried to kiss me and I pushed him off the couch." I grimaced at the thought of my actions. Out of all the things I could have done, I pushed him off the couch. Smooth.

  "You did not!" Nima yelled before he burst out laughing.

  "I did," I cringed.

  "I can just imagine him going to kiss you and you going nope," Nima laughed, clutching his sides. 

  "You done?" I scowled.

  "No," He grinned, "Now I am. So, what's the problem? He likes you, so what? I am one hundred percent sure that, that is the opposite of a problem."