⚜|Chapter:30'I HATE YOU ISAAC!'|⚜

GOAL:170 votes?

|🌀|CHAPTER:30|🌀|

All I felt was numbness. My eyes were stinging due to the amount of tears I have cried the whole night. There weren't anymore tears left inside my eyes.

The pain of being away from the only family I had, wasn't letting me sleep. One minute I promised myself that I won't cry anymore, the other, I was again my weeping self. I raised my head from Rebecca's shoulder, aware that she had already welcomed sleep and scooted away from her. She had been right next to me the moment my parents left.

The moment Josh left.

All she did was consoling me and hugging me, telling me that it's going to be okay but I knew nothing was going to be okay. They didn't even talk to me, just took him away, just like that. Rebecca kept telling me that she was there, that she loves me. But no matter how close I'm with her, no one can take Josh's place.

Nor will I ever let anyone.

I was helpless. Because I wanted to bring Josh back but I couldn't. I wanted my life to be like before but I knew it wouldn't. I wished for Josh to be home waiting for me and scolding Carter for bringing me back late. I wanted him to tease me about the date but what I saw, broke me.

I stood up from my bed and stared at the view from the window. It was almost sunshine and I couldn't be any happier. My head was pounding but I didn't want to sit more on the bed and keep my waterworks running.

I was waiting for school, because that would direct my mind from thinking about what happened last night. And so I got ready early. I climbed downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast but all the dining table brought were memories of Josh and I having breakfast. Josh being his overdramatic self and Rebecca fighting with him.

I lost my appetite and so I decided to not eat anything. I walked up to grab my books from my room and found Rebecca sound asleep, in the same position.

Having a realization that she was tired, I let her sleep comfortably by throwing a blanket at her frame. "Rebecca, I'm going to school." I told her, slowly. She tried to wake up hearing my voice but I stopped her. "It's okay Rebecca. I've had my breakfast too. I'll go to school now. You rest." She smiled at me and patted my back. "Are you sure you're okay?" She whispered lifting her head from the pillow. I took her hand in mine to reassure her and nodded. That seemed to work as she laid her head down, welcoming back her sleep. Sighing, I stood up and walked out.

As I reached to the school Lia walked up to me, waving her hand. She looked too excited than usual. "So, how was the date-what happened, Sophie?" Lia stopped, staring at me, trying to figure out the problem troubling me.

"I-Lia, I'm just not feeling well." I told her. "Why? Did something happen on the date? You look terrible than any other thing Sophia." She explained dragging me inside and to the silent corner of the locker room.

"Don't tell me Carter did something." She let out, shaking her head, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. "No Lia. Carter did nothing. In fact he was the sweetest guy on the planet last night." A temporary smile lifted up my lips at the memory but in no time it was gone. "It's just a headache. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Lia asked, not quite satisfied with my answer. "Yeah." I replied, trying to smile to remove the doubtful look from her face. "Okay, take care. I've to go and submit my chemistry project. Don't think that I've spared you for the details of the date last night. We'll talk in lunch." She winked at me and ran off towards the staff area.