Parents

EVE

I couldn't believe it, we had been traveling for 5 hours and we was on the plane, yet I was still red and boiling with anger.

"So where are we staying?" I asked trying not to sound sour.

"Um, well...." He started worriedly just as Lucy joined in the conversation from the seat next to me, luckily we were in rows of three.

"Heath, you have to tell her." Lucy told him sternly.

"Fine! We are staying with your parents, till I get a new apartment, which will be just a week or something." He huffed then looked scared for my reaction.

"Erghhhhh Why?! Couldn't we have stayed at a hotel or something?" I exclaimed, also luckily we were in first class so no one could hear us.

"I didn't have time to call anywhere, I might be famous to practically every country, but if there are no rooms there is nothing I can do, sorry Eve..." He trailed of sadly.

"No, it's not your fault at all I get it...just get somewhere quick." I smiled at him softly.

"See, anyway did her parents even agree to have us?" Lucy said suddenly.

"Yes, although me and Eve will be sleeping on the sofa bed, Lucy will sleep in the single small spare room." He answered as the air attendant came up to us with refreshments.

"Anything I can get you miss, and Mr and Mrs Carlton?" She smiled politely.

"I'll have a coke and brownie please." Heath replied then looked at me.

"Orange juice and flap jack please." I smiled.

"Coke and jam doughnut please." Lucy told her listening to her music.

"Okay, be right back." She walked away.

*******

Two hours later

EVE

I had listened to music for an hour after I finished talking to Heath about what exactly Zack had said, it was a tough subject for him, and when I blew up I thought it fair to him if I left him alone for a while.

When we landed in France, the flight attendant leaded us off the plane to the airport, then we walked to the toilets before collecting our luggage and walking to an information centre.

"Is there a car rent anywhere?" I asked breaking the silence.

"No but we can catch a cab then I can ask to drive, Heath have you got any money?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah, I'll give them enough money for a new car." He smiled as we towed our luggage outside to wait for a cab.

*******

HEATH

So we are on our way to Eve's parents, she's not happy about it, but at least we are away from Zack...

Lucy drove the car, using her phone as a sat nav to get to the right address.

"I'm sorry Eve." I whispered pulling Eve onto my lap.

"For what? You've done nothing wrong." She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You've just made friends now I'm pulling you from them...I feel bad..." I answered pulling her head so our foreheads were touching.

"I will miss them but you will miss your friends too, and anyway you wouldn't if you didn't have a reason." She told me pulling her hand through my hair.

"Still I will try my best to make it up to you." I smiled softly, and before she could answer I pulled her lips to mine.

She gently trailed her hand down my neck making me shiver, she stifled a smile and laugh against my lips. Suddenly we drove over a bump making her fall back away.

I looked at her startled face and burst out laughing.

"Sorry guys." Lucy smiled through the mirror.

I pulled Eve back onto my lap and she rested her head on my shoulder. I stroked her head until she started grumbling, she gradually fell into a deep sleep, while I cradled her gently.

********

EVE

"Eve, Eve wake up we are here." I fluttered my eyes open seeing Heath smiling down at me.

"Hey..." My voice hoarse.

"Hey! We are here, come on. Lucy has taken our luggage." Heath said pulling me gently out the car.

"Noooo, I don't wanna see them-" I cut off when Lisa and Jerome came to the door. They looked a little older, and their faces were bored.

"Eve talk to them." Heath whispered in my ear.

"No. Never again." I hissed then stomped to the door, shoved them out the way and saw Lucy signalling me to the spare room. Ignoring my old parents I slammed the bedroom door.

They weren't my parents, I swore to myself nothing in that letter could change how I felt about what they had done, and that they were no longer my parents.

Just a memory...