Chapter Two: Countdown begins

Monday morning, I woke up to my phone ringing uncontrollably. I let my arm out of the warm blanket, and grabbed my phone from the side table. The screen said Uncle James in bold letters. Why was the devil calling me so early morning? I swiped the screen and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello." I said, sounding like a penguin, if penguins could speak obviously.

"Isabella, you're sleeping!" he whispered angrily. Why was he whispering on the phone?

"Uh, what else am I supposed to do? It's my day off from the boutique." I told him, confused.

"Isabella, you were supposed to meet Adrian and his family today! Hurry up and get to office right now! It's ten o'clock!" My eyes popped wide open.

"Adri-who?" I didn't know any Adrians. I did know Marks, Kevins but Adrians? Nope, no Adrians.

"Adrian Darkwood! The proposal?"

"What?" I yelled . "Oh my god, I am so sorry uncle. I'll be right there!" I said quickly and hung up, putting the phone back on the side table. Trying to untangle myself from the blanket I ended up falling on my butt.

"Ouch." I groaned from the contact.

Shit. He was coming back from New York, today. He, being Adrian Darkwood, Adrian Darkwood being the guy I was getting married to. Ta-da!

"Please be a sane human, please be a sane human." I chanted to myself. There is no denying that I was terrified. I had never seen Adrian before and I was just hoping he was good looking, and nice? I know it might be shallow of me to call for looks before personality but come on how else am I supposed to have beautiful babies? I'm kidding. Sort of.

I took a nice, warm shower and began to browse through dresses. I pulled out an almond colored dress, it had pleats and came till my thighs, slightly above my knees. I put it back in; it wasn't the 'first-date-with-future-husband dress'. I pulled out another dress; it had an off-white lace bodice which was attached to a silky beige skirt. This too came till my thighs, slightly above the knees. This one was it.

Being a fashion designer, I had a passion for clothes. I know, it may sound cliché but by now you should understand that I am a walking cliché. I matched it with a pair of beige, leather heels and walked into the dressing room. After doing my makeup really light, just a nude lipstick and some mascara, I grabbed my clutch and headed out the door.

I didn't bother doing anything to my hair, they cascaded down my chest in simple blonde waves. Making my way to the front door, I called out for the driver. He brought the car around and I whispered 'Office, please.' as we made our way to Hastings William a multinational company owned by my late parents, Uncle James and Lucas' parents. They all used to be business partners back in the day. After their death I was eligible to get my share of the company provided that I was married.  

That is how Lucas and I initially met about twelve years ago. Lucas was my best - and only - friend. Sounds sad doesn't it? It's not. In the fashion business, we don't really make 'real' friends, it's just bitches and people who are less bitchy.

As we reached the sky scrapper, I got out of the car and made my way into the office. I looked down at my watch, it was almost eleven. Just when I looked back up I crashed into someone. I felt a warm liquid trickling down my body.

"What the hell? Are you insane?" I looked up to meet the gaze of an exceptionally handsome man. He was dressed formally in a navy blue suit and a button down shirt. His hair was dark brown - almost black - and swept to one side. His gray eyes narrowed and my views about him changed when he said the next few words.

"You're the one walking into people and I'm the one insane?" He said, putting his hand in his pant's pocket. I couldn't help but notice how tall he freaking was. I mean, I was wearing a three inch heel and he was still a good four inch taller than me