Chapter 20: Surprise Guest pt. 2

Omniscient
The next morning, Jada woke up with a killer headache, she rolled out of bed into the bathroom to get herself some aspirin. She went downstairs and poured herself a glass of orange juice and took her pills. She went back upstairs and got in her bed pulling the blanket over her head in an attempt to block out the sunlight that was shining through the spaces in her blinds.

Downstairs, August laid on the floor with his feet inches from Chris's face, both were unaware that Jada had came downstairs and went back up. August turned over on his side putting his face inches away from Chris's feet.

Lani laid in bed wide awake thinking about the person that was at the door. Her phone vibrated indicating that she had received a text from someone. She unlocked her phone and checked her message.

Unknown: Word on the street is Ghost is looking for y'all too bad he doesn't know that we're the ones that he should be looking for.

Lani didn't bother responding to the text, instead she got out of bed and barged into Jada's room. She closed the door behind her and began shaking Jada's shoulders until her eyes fluttered open.

"What is it Lani?" Jada asked wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"Someone just sent me this." Lani said showing Jada the text message.

"We have to find Leo."

"How are we supposed to find him when we have 2 kids we're supposed to take care of?"

"I don't know. I can give Ghost that I've been saving all these years."

"No, you need that money."

"Lani, I don't need them coming after our family."

"Let them but, there's a reason we saved up and didn't blow our money on dumb shit."

"You should've took Leo up on his offer."

"And leave you? I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"Should we tell the guys?"

"Maybe we should wait."

"Wait until what? Wait until Ghost does some crazy shit and attack someone else?"

"Jada calm down."

Jada took a deep breath and picked up her phone, she took the picture she had took with the kids and opened the frame, she pulled out a slip of paper and dialed the number that was written on the back of it. She put the phone on speaker and patiently waited for the person to answer. After 2 rings they did.

Hello?

We need your help.

I'm listening.

August
I was woken up by the sound of heels clicking on the hardwood floor. I opened my eyes to see that Chris's feet were centimeters from my face. I hit foot then sat up, Chris slowly sat up and looked around.

We heard voices inside the kitchen and got off the floor and walked into the kitchen to see Lani and Jada already dressed. Chris and I exchanged a quick look before speaking.

"Where are you ladies going so early?" I asked leaning up against the counter.

"Lani and I were on our way to go run some errands."

"And you were going to leave me to babysit?"

"It's not babysitting when it's your own children." Chris pointed out.

"Yeah, it's called taking care of your responsibilities."

I looked at Jada as she searched the cabinet for snacks.

"How long will you guys be gone."

"Until we're finished with our errands."

Jada and Lani grabbed some snacks and headed out the door. Jada came back into the house and went upstairs and came back downstairs with the kids.

"Bye babies." Jada said kissing Justice's forehead, then Aj's. She gave them a hug then walked out the door as Justice rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and went into the living to lay down on the couch.

"So...what are we supposed to do until they get back?" Chris asked looking around.

"I don't know this is all still new to me." I replied getting the stuff I needed to make breakfast.

"Really? You've been taking care of your nieces for how long?"

"It's not the same thing. They're a part of me."

"Please don't get all sentimental on me."

"Shut up and help me get this food ready."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What do you want to do today?" I asked after we finished eating breakfast.

Justice tapped her chin as she thought about what she wanted to do.

"Park." She said climbing down from the chair then going upstairs to pick out an outfit.

After we finished getting ready, I grabbed my car keys and went out to the car and drove to the park. I could already tell that today was going to be one of those days, Jada and Lani better finish their errands soon.