5

"Chihiro-chan, we need to get up," I feel I light shake and my eyes flutter open. An intense headache washes over my senses. What did I do last night? I'm hungover for sure. I can tell. My body ached as well but the pain in my temples is especially impressive.

I turn over onto my back and sit up with effort. I kick off the covers. "We're all done changing so you can change in here. We'll be in the kitchen," one of them say. I nod and they shut the door. I groggily rummage through my bag for a t shirt and canvas shorts. I quickly change into the maroon shirt and black shorts, slipping on black socks as well. I grab a black jacket and shrug it over my shoulders before turning to the door.

I slide open the door and lean on the wall until I reach the kitchen. I rub my eyes at the fluorescent lighting. "Good Morning," a chorus of voices say. I grunt in acknowledgment, still squinting at the light. "Why is it all blurry?" I mumble to myself.

"Glasses," I remind myself. I turn back and get my glasses. When I return the team is sat at the long table with breakfast in front of them. "Sorry I didn't help with breakfast,"

"It's no biggie, looks like you needed the sleep anyway," Shimizu returns. I shuffle into the kitchen and make myself coffee. I poured some energy drink in it before sitting in an empty seat at the table.

I slowly eat the white rice and egg. I feel myself nodding off. I jerk myself awake and take a gulp of coffee. Jerking my head up was not a good idea. I rub my forehead and wince as I pass over a bump.

"Would anyone happen to have pain killers on them?" I ask aloud. Takeda stands up. "I do. But may I ask why you need some?"

"I have a headache," I say simply. "You might have a headache because you fell. I found you sprawled out on the ground in the hall unconscious," Asahi adds. My eyebrows knit together. "Hm, that's weird," I shrug off as nonchalantly as possible. "Here," Takeda hands me two tablets.

I pop the pills in my mouth and wash it down with coffee. "So what's first on the training menu?" Ukai asks. I finish up my breakfast. "Stretch first then go for a run around the block," Ukai turns to the team. "You heard her, get dressed and stretch in the gym. Once everyone's stretch you go running,"

The team yells their affirmation. I still flinch slightly. I feel a bit better now so I put on my sneakers. I'll go on my morning run too. I grab my phone and let my headphones hand around my neck. I take my clipboard with my notes to the gym.

The morning dew grazes my shoes making them damp. "Why do we have to stretch before running?!" I hear one of them complaining. "Because leg cramps and pulled muscles are not an option," I say aloud. The two second years that were complaining shivered.

That's right, they haven't been coached by me yet. They still think I'm mild mannered and quiet. Not for long. "Is anyone missing?" I ask as I set my clipboard on the bench. "No," a few of them say.

I crack my neck and smirk. "Good, now start running and don't get lost," I shoo them out the door. I shift my headphones over my ears and play my running playlist. I jog out of the gym and start picking up the pace.

I take my glasses off so I can feel the wind stinging my eyes. I feel my short locks rush behind me and I love it. For awhile I forget about the pain in my head. I don't even notice that I am passing the boys up.

Third POV

A dark blur rushes past the majority of the team. It isn't until that blur is meters in front of them that they can see that it was their assistant coach. "She's fast,"  As soon as those words left Yamaguchi's mouth she is gone.

Her head ached like crazy but she pushes it back and focuses on the feeling of her feet hitting the pavement. A particularly good song comes on and her pace increases. She takes turn after turn until the song ends.