CHAPTER XXV

KATHERINE EVY JONES

Ace darling, I am back!

I assess the model from head to toe, she definitely isn't any model. I believe I have seen her pictures appear in almost every tabloid and magazine cover I have ever taken interest in. She is wearing a sleeveless T-shirt with a fluffy over coat. Her outfit is completed with the furry expensive Gucci purse and leather boots. She may as well be the epitome of perfection.

I look at Ace, confused as to what is happening.

His face is mirroring my confused expression, though there is recognition in his eyes. He knows her.

The model walks gracefully to us and stands in front of us. Then throwing her hair back, she kisses Ace's cheek, oblivious to his confusion. Then looking at me, she asks, "Ace honey, you are still taking your clients at this time of night?"

{ A/N: I am sorry but I forgot to mention that Cassandra and Richard- Ace's parents have taken Kyle on a short trip to the nearby fair} 

Jealousy churns inside of me when she starts massaging his shoulders. But he doesn't seem to feel it, his head is hung in...defeat. 

I mumble awkwardly, "Er... excuse me... but who are you?"

The model glances at me astonishingly. Then she throws her head back and giggles, like I said something funny. Trust me, even I am wondering what the fuck did I say to make her laugh. 

After realising that there is nothing funny, she stops and then asks, "Ace, who is she?"

She has an idea of who I am. This is her facade, anyone can see through her innocence. 

Ace gulps but doesn't answer her. Instead, he looks at me and opens his mouth to say something. I prepare myself for the worst, "Kathy, this is...my wife,"

***

His wife.

His motherfucking wife.

He is married.

Motherfucking married!

And he lied to me. 

I thought he had changed.

But no, he was just using me.

All this time, he was just using me. To get closer, to Kyle.

Well congratulations, he did! Kudos to him.

He lied to me.

He fucking didn't want anything to with me. 

But I let him!

It's like history repeating itself all over!

These thoughts flow through me, as I just sit there. I am frozen, it feels like time has too. Ace is looking at me, saying something... but I do not hear him. Nor will I ever.

This is what you get or giving people second chances, they come in your life and when everything is alright, they make it a roller coaster again!

The model is looking at me, there is rage inside her eyes. So strong and malevolent, that I can feel only that.

That, and the fresh feeling of betrayal.

Silent tears roll down my cheeks but I feel numb. I quickly wipe them, I cannot let her be satisfied. I hear the roll of a car. It must be Cassandra, Richard and Kyle, back from the fair.