Chapter 13

A motorbike quickly parked in front of a house. Youngho and Nara walked faster as they heard they boys were yelling.

He opened the door and saw the five boys and the new kid were there.

"Nara noona!" Jisung approached Nara and smiled brightly. He was taller than her but he acted his own age. Nara smiled back at him. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Youngho poked Jisung's back, giving signs not to be so close with Nara. He then approached the new kid. "So, what's going on?"

"They told the homeroom teacher that I don't live with my parents." Said the new kid. "And I want to be called Donghyuk, not Haechan."

"What?" Youngho tilted his head, still not quite understand what the problem was. He took a quick glance at Nara, hoping she could help him with the situation.

"See? It's no big deal, Youngho hyung even doesn't understand it." Jaemin said. "Beside, it's not us who told the teacher. You don't even hang with us. Why should we care?"

"Who else knows I don't live with my parents unless you five? It should be you. And others call me Donghyuk, not Haechan."

"Wait, so did the teacher see who told them? I mean, like in person or...?" Nara listened carefully to their stories.

"Noona, you know that I won't do such things..." Jaemin defended himself. "The others too."

"The teacher said there was a letter and it says 'Haechan doesn't live with his parents'." Renjun said. Chenle and Jisung nodded.

"So it could be anyone, right? They must have eavesdropped your conversations," She looked at the five kids, "if it's true that you guys didn't tell the teacher."

The five boys shook their heads rapidly.

"This is confusing. Why is this important anyway?" Youngho scratched his forehead.

"It's important for me." Haechan said.

Nara approached Haechan and put her arms around his shoulders. "Then, how about all of you come to that teacher and explain what has happened? You guys are neighbours. And this is high school, you need close friends." She then side eyed Youngho. "Who knows if you join them you can get freebies from this giant hyung."

Youngho pointed at himself. "Wh- me?"

Haechan wasn't pissed anymore. "Freebies?"

"He gave us gachapons two weeks ago." Jisung added.

"I didn't- well- you know what, whatever. Sure, six kids." Youngho took a seat on the couch.

Nara showed her thumb at Youngho, who was mentally counting his monthly allowance. "Okay? Stop fighting. Someone must be jealous of you, Donghyuk ssi, to live around such cool boys here. That's why there's that letter."

Haechan sighed. "Okay." He looked at Nara. "But, noona, can you just call me Haechan?"

"Can we, too?" Jaemin asked.

"Sure. I will call you Haechan if you let them call you that too." Nara replied.

"Okay."

"Now can we continue playing with your xbox, hyung?" Jeno asked.

"Sure. Whatever. Take Haechan to join you guys." Youngho said as Nara decided to join the boys while took a long glance at them. He was reminded by what happened earlier. 'She was crying an short while ago.'

"Come sit here, noona." Jisung prepared a pillow for her. "I wonder what do you do, you're very wise."

"Everyone always have backstories. We need to respect that, even if we don't understand." Nara said. "I don't do much myself."

Haechan looked at her respectfully and looked at Youngho. "So you two are dating?"

"We wish they were." Jaemin said while his eyes were fixed to the screen.

Nara just chuckled. "You guys are cute. Dating doesn't always mean a couple stays together."

Youngho heard her words. 'Ck, you mean you're still an item with your ex?' He stood up and signed Nara to go home. "Let's get you home."

The boys paused the game and sighed. "Please come again. We like having you around."

"We can have a date. Seven of us." Nara initiated. She couldn't handle the boys' cuteness despite their ages.

Youngho counted the person. "...six, seven." And it was seven not included him. "What about me? You're taking six of them but me?"

"We're bored with you. You're no fun." Chenle excitedly looked at Nara. "Sure, noona, we'd love to!"

"Okay." Nara couldn't help herself with their cuteness.

"Wait, wait. Objection." Youngho raised his hand. "I'm not going to give you the permission to take these boys without me." He said to Nara.

"Aah hyunggg~" All of them but Haechan whined.

"We'll talk about our date in secret then. Jisung, you know that café when you met me?" Nara asked.

"Hm? That café when you were with that...that hyung?" Jisung's eyes uncomfortably trying to avoid Youngho. He knew that his hyung wouldn't like to hear that.

Nara nodded. "You know where to find me."

"Wait. What hyung?" Youngho asked Nara. "Did you meet him?"

"Okay. We will set the date." Nara avoided his question.

The boys knew something was going on between them.

"Did you meet him again?" Youngho repeated his question.

"Guys, I think we should stop playing the xbox..." Haechan initiated and tapped the others.

"No, you guys can play. I'll be on my way. See you later~" Nara waved her hand at the boys and walked outside. Youngho chased her.

"Answer me." He yanked her arm. "Did you meet him? That MBC guy?"

Nara scoffed. "That guy has a name. Kim Youngjin."

"Whatever his name is." He let go of his hand and headed to his motorbike to get her helmet. "He just made you cry a while ago, why did you even- I don't get it, everything is so confusing today. The boys, even you-"

"Thanks, but I've had enough rides today." She rejected the helmet he was giving.

"Oh you have?" He put down his helmet as well. "Then I'll walk you home."

"Which part of my sentence that you don't get, that I want to be alone? I wanted to be alone since a damn while ago and you keep bothering me since?"

Youngho ruffled his hair in frustration. "Which part of my actions and words that can make you see, that you're hurting yourself?"

Nara widened her eyes.

"Stop hurting yourself. I just wanted to help you."

The six boys peeked from behind the curtain and gasped.