VI

Inertia Louis

"Lilly, you're here? I mean-----"

"It's not Lilly first of all. Secondly, I'd like it if you left me alone because I want to be alone." I said and walked to a booth far away from him.

"You know 95% of the people don't want to be alone when they say that they want to be alone?" He asked sitting opposite to me.

"Zach Miller. Go away. Good to know I'm one of the 5%. That was a one night thing and nothing more so walk out." I groaned.

"Firstly it is Xander. And secondly no."

"Xander? But I thought it was Zach?" I asked.

"Nahh... Xander for you." He winked.

"Just go away Xander." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. I'm going away now but only to meet you again Ms. I won't say my name. Believe it or not our fates are connected. We will meet again, I'm sure."

Those were his last words before the left. I was left thinking about what he ment for an hour. When my food was finally over and I couldn't crack what he ment, I just went home and slept...

************************************

"Hey." A voice says as I pick up the call.

"Hi, do I know you?" I speak into the receiver.

"Forgetting me already? We have and entire company to run Inertia." He laughs.

"Blake." I recognize.

"The one and only."

"So why did you call? Something about the business?" I asked.

"Does it have to be about the business?" He groaned.

"Blake, we aren't high school kids. I'm the fucking entrepreneur of the world's largest firm. So even though I'm 25, I can't live the life of normal 25 year olds."

"Okay fine. It's about business."

"I'm listening."

"Not on the phone. Meet me at the local cafe?"

"Okay when?"

"In about an hour." He said.

"Great I'll be there. This better be about business Mr. Parker otherwise I'm not tolerating your crap."

"It's purely business Ms. Louis. I assure you." With that we both hung up.

************************************

I parked my car in the parking of the cafe and turned the engine off. After kissing my baby's steering wheel I stepped out of it and walked into the cafe. I was on time but Blake had already taken a seat and saved a place for me. I sat opposite to him.

"So, what am I here?" I asked.

"Order first. Then we'll talk about it." He said and I nodded.

One thing about me, I'm an absolute coffee lover. I need three cups of coffee a day and I can literally drown in coffee if it means unlimited supply. So naturally when Blake asked me to order first I was grinning like a cat when she sees milk.

"So now?"

"Why are you always in a hurry?"

"Mr. Blake Parker! Do you not get it?! I don't have time for waiting! I have a busy world..." I sighed.

"Okay okay fine. I know this isn't a right time to confess this but I just wanted to go out with you... There is no reason for this meeting."

I was done. To say I was furious was an understatement.

"YOU! We aren't kids Blake Parker! Yes we're 25 and at this age we're supposed to party our asses of and enjoy our lives to the fullest but we didn't choose that! We both have a bloody multinational firm to handle! DO YOU REALIZE WE HAVE SO MUCH AT STAKE?!" I was thankful that the cafe was empty but the employees sure were staring at us.

"Honestly, you're over reacting. It's just a few minutes on coffee. What could possibly go wrong?" He asked. I chuckled dryly.

"What could possibly go wrong? Well anything could. These are working hours Blake. Some other day, some other time, I wouldn't mind having coffee and chilling because that would be off working hours."

"Look I'm sorry but now that we're here let's juts finish this."

"Perfection is never achieved through bad choices. If I make this choice today, I will loose perfection."

"Your way of working is very unhealthy."

"No, not at all. I call it work life balance." With that I walked out.

I don't get it, isn't Blake a owner too? Doesn't he get it? I drove directly to my office since I already had everything I need in the car. Michael had called me and already told me about today's schedule so I was well versed with it.

************************************
"We're getting the presentation tomorrow right?" I asked Michael.

"Yes, the market reports will be ready by tomorrow and then we shall be able to hold a meeting with the shareholders and BODs." He confirmed.

"Okay then, send the mail for the meeting details to me. I'll look over it and then forward it." I said.

"Okay, I'll ask them to do it right away."

Michael exited my office and about 15 mins later my laptop made a sound. I checked it and realized that the mail was here. I opened it and read the mail.

Dear Partners,
As you all know we are coming up with a joint venture with Blake Parker's company, we have to make some decisions for the same. I have scheduled a board meeting for tomorrow, 6 p.m.

The agenda of the meeting would be deciding what the new product will exactly be like along with introduction to our new venture's sales, marketing and production heads. Mr. Parker will also be present along with his team.

Yours sincerely,
Inertia Louis.

I was satisfied with the letter. Well written and just how I wanted it so I quickly emailed it to all the BODs and shareholders. If this works out well, this might just be the biggest market break through of my career...