CHAPTER 3

A/N : Missed me? I am so sorry to have kept you guys hanging for so long. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

___________________________________

RECAP

The moment I step inside, I regret the very fact that I came home. There she was; dressed as elegantly as ever, royally drinking the cup of coffee my mom made it for her and having no idea of the amount of pain she caused to her own sons.

Gabrielle Mayer, you disgust me.

___________________________________________

Violet's POV~

"I am so glad that you finally made some adjustments in your schedule so that you could come here." Mom gushes making me roll my eyes at the conversation she is having with Gabrielle.

"Lina, you are being very formal. Besides, my schedule isn't so hectic." Gabrielle scoffs which makes my mom chuckle for reasons unknown to me.

"What do you think of the idea of getting a little tour of my backside garden by my daughter while I prepare something for you?" My ears perk up when I hear her say that. I was in no mood to entertain Gabrielle, let alone give a tour.

"I love the idea." Gabrielle stands up from her seat and both of them look my way in anticipation.

"Violet?" Mom grabs my attention when I stay rooted at my spot.

"Yes?" I try to sound polite.

"Get going, sweetie. Its soon going to be dark." She says.

"Alright! Get along, Mrs Mayers." I say, walking towards the door without bothering whether I am followed or not.

I open the door swiftly and walk outside, welcoming the chilly air and letting the breeze caress my face like a mother's touch. Soon after, I hear her sigh and turn to look at her enjoying the same wind while a smile is playing on her lips. I clear my throat and walk towards the garden which happens to my happy place. Unfortunately, I am made to share my time with a person I have long since detached from.

"This is soothing." I hear her whisper but choose to ignore it.

"How have you been?" She asks me, trying to develop the warmth that we earlier had.

"Good. Thank you for asking, Mrs Mayers." I finally decide to respond.

"So you're still not over it?" She asks. I turn to look at her and study her expression.

"Its a shock that you are." I retort back.

"You don't know my side of the story. Nobody does." She sighs while closing her eyes as if reliving the pain she must've gone through.

"Neither do I want to nor do I deserve to know it. But, your family does. Why not just let it out?" I ask.

"Its not as easy as you make it sound. I've made peace with the fact that I am always going to live with this guilt in my heart." She shakes her head.

"Yet here you are, giggling away your pain and chilling with my mother while your son is in a different state altogether. You may be guilty but your behavior defines you to be indifferent. Shameless, dare I say." I shrug.

"Your observation can never make it past my facade." She raises her voice at my remark.

"If that is the case, aren't you tired of pretending?" I raise my brow in question.

"I do it for my husband." She defiantly maintains her stand.

"Its difficult for me to even imagine that someone after hurting her own family can so shamelessly hope for happiness and live under a pretence so well carved that it hardly can be differentiated from reality. I am genuinely curious as to how you do that." I say.