f. one

A smile spread over the trio's face as they watched the brunette feed the cat with a spoon.

"Sawyer! Some people are trying to eat here!" Katie Bell whined, watching in disgust as Meeko ate quite horribly, splattering the food all over the table.

"Look, Katie," Sawyer sighed, setting down the spoon and covering her cat's ears so he wouldn't hear that. "Meeko and I have been seperated since the World Cup, and he got all the way to Bulgaria or something, so I'm gonna spoil my little friend, and you can't stop me."

"But it's gross--"

"You cannot stop me," Sawyer decided simply, carrying on with feeding the cat with the spoon. 

"But-" Katie started, only to be ignored. The Durmstrang students were amused watching the scene play out.

"Wood would talk her into being normal," Angelina sighed dramatically, glancing at the students from the other schools.

"Why would he?" Sawyer wondered as Meeko pawed at the fork, causing the sausage on it to fly into Sawyer's face. "Meeko!" she whined.

"Because boyfriends always keep their girlfriends at bay, and vice-versa," Lavender Brown replied brightly.

"Oh," Sawyer frowned, looking at the group of girls that were, apparently, still in love with the idea of Oliver and Sawyer as a couple. "Well, girls, I don't know how to break it for you..." she trailed off; They might take it harder than she did.

"What?" they tensed, afraid of what she might say next.

"Oliver and I broke up."

"YOU BROKE UP?"  the yell echoed through the Great Hall, and a silence followed it. Within moments the Gyffindor table was swamped with most of the Hufflepuff girls, and a few Ravenclaws, who were offering comfort, for-- quite annoyingly-- each other, and not Sawyer, who actually went through the break-up.

"How could you, Sawyer?!" Hannah Abbott sobbed, "you were the reason we believed in love!"

"Hey, girls, isn't it too much to put on Oliver and me?" she wondered nervously, shifting in her seat.

"You were the cutest couple!" Padma and Paravati Patil cried out, and Sawyer decided it was too much.

"I mean, girls, we only did it because we're in different places. It was mutual. There's a chance we'll--"

There was a collective, comical gasp from the girls.

Sawyer couldn't handle the absurd of the situation.

"I fucking quit," she announced. "Detention to every one that still stands here within ten seconds from now. One," and they scrambled off, all except the Gryffindors that were still glaring. "And any Gryffindor to still glare at me five seconds from now will also get a detention, and I will take down points from Gryffindor."

"What! Sawyer, that's--!"

"One!" she started, and before she managed to say 'two' they were already back to their plates. "And that's how you handle crazy people."

"You weren't actually gonna take down points from Gryffindor, right?"  Fred whispered in her ear, and she picked up Meeko, placing him in front of Fred.

"Do I look like Percy?"

"A bit."

"FRED!" she whined, placing down Meeko, who curled closer to her.

"Just kidding."

"Or is he?" George commented from the side.

"George Weasley, Detention."

"Sawyer!" he whined, and she simply grinned, making him roll his eyes.  "Fine, I am sorry, my eternal queen."

::

The wind ruffled her dark hair, as she listened carefully to the warning carried along with the leaves, the whisper telling everyone who would listen that the dark times are coming, creeping closer and closer, slithering like a snake... like Nagini...

"Hello." a thick voice spoke, and Sawyer turned around.

"Hi. Durmstrang?" she asked, though it was quite obvious, judging by the robes. He nodded. "I'm Sawyer Wilde," she introduced politely with a grin.

"Anton Draganov."

"That's a badass name," Sawyer commented, and he sat down next to her.

"Bad ass?" he repeated, thick accent coloring his words. "Is zat good?"

"Yeah, that means it sounds cool."

"Cool," he hummed.

"How's Scotland treating you so far?" she wondered. "Well, guess it would be better asking how's Hogwarts treating you."

"Uh," he furrowed his eyebrows, thinking for a moment, before he finally understood the full meaning of the words she said. "It's very nice here."

"Yeah?"

He nodded, "ni kharesva tuk- ve like it here."

"Ni kharvesa? Tuk?"

"Kharesva," he corrected, smiling.

"Ni kharesva tuk," she said again, and he nodded, making her smile. "Can you teach me more?"

"Vell, priyatno mi e da se zapoznaem."

"What, what what?" Sawyer asked. "Slower, please, Anton."

After a few times of him slowly repeating the words, Sawyer finally managed to pronouce it correctly, and his grin was so wide, it made Sawyer nervous.

"What? Does it mean something embarassing?"

He shook his head, "it means, nice to meet you."

"So, why are you laughing?"

"You have a funny accent ven you speak Bulgarian."

"Well, you have funny accent when you speak English," she smirked as she replied, making him laugh.

Sawyer turned around to see Viktor Krum walking over, saying something she couldn't understand for the life of her, and when Anton replied, he shamelessly pointed at her.

"Uh, okay."

"Don't vorry, Sawyer. Nothing bad."

"Hey, wanna go to the kitchens? I found out last week where it is, and the house elves make the greatest hot cocoa I've ever tried."

Viktor shrugged, watching Anton and Sawyer standing up. Sawyer directed them to the Kitchens, and as she tickled a drawing, they exchanged an amused glance.

And the two figured that maybe Hogwarts won't be as half as bad as they thought.