Chapter 28

Nora James' P. O. V

"I can not believe him!" I growl out.

I grit my teeth as I take in the neon flashing lights displaying–not the most ladylike– figure of a half naked woman leaning against a pole.

"That little-," I cut myself off as I glance at an alarmed looking Greg.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!"

"Hey how about you contain that anger and take it out on Alexander when we see him? Huh. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?" Greg says, hurriedly ushering me along the pavement that leads to the club.

Staring at the big sign once again, anger courses through me as I take in the name of the place.

'THE CABARET'

"Maybe I should get a strip club." Greg ponders aloud as we make our way closer to the entryway.

I come to a halt as Ben makes his way back to us after talking to some guy near the door.

"Well we can't go in there." Ben mutters.

"What why not?" I ask in confusion.

Ben shrugs his shoulders, "they're having some sort of private event. 'Elite' people only or some stuck up crap like that."

I frown as I rack my brain on what to do.

"I've got this." Greg says as he strides past us.

Oh God no.

My eyes widen and so do Bens' as we quickly rush after him.

"Excuse me Sir." Greg calls out to the man at the door who I'm guessing is the bouncer.

Do they even have bouncers at strip clubs?

I've never been before, and for good reason, I think wryly.

Hurrying my pace, I quickly reach Greg with Ben right behind me.

Straining to here what's being said I only catch the last part of his sentence.

"-Yes that's right." Greg says nodding his head.

I bite my lip in worry as I see the bewildered look on the mans face.

I gulp and take a step back, my anger vanishing as I crane my head up high to properly see the man decked in all black, who is currently scowling at us.

"Is this some sort of joke?" The man growls out in a rough voice that makes me want to clear my throat.

"No, why would it?" Greg asks sassily as he puts his hands on his hips.

Ben glances at me and sidles up to me as well, taking a step away from the bouncer.

"You're here to apply for a job?" The man asks sarcastically.

My face falls dramatically as i clench my hand to stop from pinching Greg.

That's the best he could come up with?

What happened to 'I've got this'?

"Yes is that a problem?" Greg asks calmly.

Ben glances at me with an expression of both amusement and fear.

"I'm sorry sis but if shit hits the fan, I'm getting out of here and I will leave you behind if you can't catch up."

I narrow my eyes at Ben but don't say anything.

"Of course it's a problem!" The bouncer growls, "this is a female club. You're not a woman."

"How dare you? You are the most sexist person I have ever met, do you know that?" Greg asks angrily, pointing a figure at the man.