Prologue

"Honestly, Michiko. Shouldn't you be nicer?" Miki drones, glancing towards his twin with perked ears, clicking his claws together while twirling the crystal dagger in his hold which shines beneath the sun's rays.

His eyes reflecting a twinge of anger for his twin, yet it dissipates as soon as it appears.

Miki, a male exceed with short cut purple fur, orbs of golden hues swirled together that always seem to attract unwanted attention due to their unnatural colour. His ears average, perked off his head with a white bandana wraps around them.

The white bandana matching his white jacket that wraps firmly around his body, yet opened at the front and a gap in the back to show off the guild mark.

A belt around his small waist that has multiple holders sown in, with multiple blades, knives and small star shaped discs nestled within the material. An empty holster on the right side with small chips of crystal decorating the exterior proving the blade's natural place.

His purple fur turns to silver around his bare stomach and his tail which is long and slender. At the end of his tail however, is another two blades strapped to either side, long, pointed, slick and sharp.

"Pff', yes, 'course I should." Michiko replies, her tone high, and a tinge of an accent as she turns to glare at him with narrowed eyes, the happy features gone. "No. Being kind isn't my forte, you should know that more than anyone. Miki" Her voice turned serious, and an underlying tone attached.

Michiko on the other hand has the same short cut purple fur with silver patches for a stomach. Compared to her brother's eyes, hers are a natural deep leaf green. A canine dripping over her mouth on the right while a frown is situated.

However... Her ears are unnaturally larger than they should be, expanding off her head and when flattening them, would easily cover her whole face. The exterior of her large ears adorned with six diamond shaped crystals. Her fur behind the ears longer and flows down her back into a low-held ponytail that flows with the calming breeze.

A large, thick white scarf covering her neck in the same material of Miki's jacket. A two piece white dress adorning her body. The top, strapless and tight around her body with only straps around her back while the skirt is to the floor, and has multiple, dangerous slits up it to the mid-thigh for perfect movement capabilities.

Detachable sleeves and a tail that's long and fluffed up. Yet, that's not all. Two staves are adorning her back, crossed over each other. All four ends having a crystal stone shining.

Yet, on contrast to her attitude, she's magnificent. Lush, strong and fearless. Yet, a snarky exceed that will attack with even the simplest of negative comments. Even some positive ones will end with someone's face in the gutter.

"Exceeds are meant to be holy, our wings signify those of an angels." Michiko mutters, not allowing her brother to continue as she speaks again, yet her tone seething. "Single and throwing themselves at me? It will soon end in bloodshed."

"I know you don't mean that." Miki smirks, exasperating a sigh. "You love the attention." His sudden retort sends a burning fit of rage into his sibling as she leaps onto him, catching him by surprise.

They land in a pile on the floor. Her paws gripping his cheeks and tugging at them. "Watch your tone idiot! You may be older but I swear, you speak like that again and I'll claw those eyes out." She hisses.

Miki laughs, despite the current threats and position. "You can't do that, you know it, right?" The area above his eyes shifting as if he had eyebrows to rise in question with her constant intimidations.

Michiko gets off her sibling and flattens her dress, huffing and yanking him up, his body stumbling yet he grabs the blade that he dropped on impact from the ground.