Chapter LI - All's Fair in Love and War

It's Saturday morning and I'm lying in the most comfortable bed in the world. I don't feel like getting up.

Constantine wasn't kidding when he told me that he sleeps au naturel.

I avert my eyes when he gets up from the bed. He laughs and saunters unhurriedly to the bathroom as I cover my face with a pillow. Don't look! Don't look!!! Well...maybe a little peek.

Last night he reluctantly taught me how to hide some of my feelings from him. It involves conditioning my lycan Ezra to keep my "emotional volume down". I did it after a few practice. Of course, I can't keep everything from him. He would still be able to feel strong emotions coming off of me.

The thing is, when I hide my feelings from him, I can barely feel his emotions as well. I understand why he doesn't like this. I don't plan on hiding my feelings from him all the time. Only some of the time...like right now...when I'm thinking of his naked body...

I wonder what time it is, but I'm too lazy to even try to reach out for my phone. I just lie back and listen to the sound of the shower going in the en suite, then I realize that he didn't even close the bathroom door! Steam rolling in from the open door. Gah!!! That man! I think teasing me is his favorite past time.

It doesn't help that he has the most glorious body I'd ever seen. Okay, just lie back down, close your eyes and don't peek. Don't peek. Don't peek!!!

Argghh!!! How can I go back to sleep when there's a completely hot, naked Greek God with water running down his body in the next room...showering with the door wide open. You slept just fine draped all over his glorious naked body last night, I remind myself. Why am I so weird?

"What are you muttering about, sunshine?" Of course, now he's walking around in a little towel tied low around his waist.

"Nothing," I mumble against the blanket I just pulled over my eyes.

"Come on, get up sleepy head!" he chuckles as he yanks the blanket down. "I can smell breakfast from here."

I sit up on the bed at the mention of food. Yes, I can smell food!

I yelp and cover my eyes when he casually drops the towel as he strolls into his walk-in closet. I can hear his laughter from behind the closet door.

*****

Lazarus and Serena are already sitting at the breakfast table when we both get into the kitchen.

They both look up and smile. Serena gives me a wink as she shoves a mouthful of fruit into her mouth. A huge serving of fresh fruits topped with yogurt and a generous drizzle of strawberry sauce sitting in front of her.

There is a man in his late twenties standing by the stove.

"Good morning," greets Lazarus with a smile. His dark curls are tied back this morning. "Genesis, meet our new cook, Duncan."

"I decided to hire a real cook, rather than let Caspian employ one of those blow-up doll airheads again," explains Serena.

"Hi!" I smile at the man. A human, by the smell of him.

"Hello, Genesis," he returns my greeting. He's a bit shorter than I am. Average looking man, but he has a pair of kind blue eyes. I decided that I like him right away. "What would you like me to make you this morning?" Yup! I definitely like him.

"Anything you're making, Duncan. Whatever it is you're cooking, it smells good."

"I"m making Benedict Trevino, it's my family's favorite of all time," he says with an easy smile. "I'm betting on my first born son that you will like it."