Chapter 1: The new quest

Disclaimer, I do not own any of the Percy Jackson/ Harry Potter characters, no matter how much I wish I did.

As Nico kneels at his father's throne in the underworld, he contemplates what he'll have to do next, hunt a monster? Chase a soul? He looks up as Hades clears his throat.

"Nico," Says Hades, "I have a very large assignment for you my... son."

"Yes, father." Replied Nico, glad it hopefully wouldn't be boring.

"There is a soul, of a wizard, that has been split up into pieces, called horcruxes, and I need them all destroyed so that they may serve their punishment."

"A... a wizard father?"

"Yes boy," Hades snapped. "A wizard. You will be enrolling in one of their schools as an eleven year old first year."

"Father, I am too tall to be an eleven year old, and I don't have wizard magic, only demigod."

"Lady Hectate will be giving you her blessings for this quest, and the mist will change your appearance, so you will fit in. Mostly. Besides, you are only around a year older than them. But be warned boy, if you mention demigods to them, you could be putting us all in danger. Zeus would kill you, and the entire wizarding population would know about the gods. Whatever you do, do not mention demigods, understood?"

"Yes, father." Nico replied, bowing his head in respect.

"Good, now go pack. You leave to London in an hour. After you get your things, off to Hogwarts."

"Yes, father." Nico bowed one last time before departing to pack.

                                                                        Ω

Back in his room, Nico packed clothes, a small ceramic pot for offerings, and a few other essentials, such as some ambrosia. He attached a hip flask of nectar to his waist, and put a silver chain around his neck, on which he hung his sword, which magically changed sizes as he needed it. The last thing he packed was the small statue of hades, the last gift he got from Bianca. Once he was sure he had everything he needed, he slipped on his aviator jacket and put on his skull ring. He grabbed his trunk and shadow travelled to London.

                                                                        Ω

Appearing in a dark alleyway, he stumbled, a bit drained from the jump. He took a quick sip of nectar and immediately regained his strength. As soon as he stepped out of the alley, he felt cold trickle down his body, and he knew the mist had changed his appearance. He knew how to get to diagon alley, all he needed to do was find a pub called "the leaky cauldron". When he spotted it, he entered and the bar tender came up to him.

"Good afternoon sir." The bartender greeted. "I'm Tom, I'm assuming you want to get to diagon alley eh?"

"Yes sir." Nico replied, wary.

"Right this way young master!" Tom exclaimed, walking towards the back of the pub.

Nico followed Tom, surveying the surroundings in case he had to make a getaway.

"We had quite the visitor earlier," Tom told him, trying to make conversation, "Harry Potter!"

"Who?" Asked Nico

"You're a muggle born are ya? Harry Potter is the only person to have survived the killing curse!"

"I'm a half blood actually, though I only found out recently"

He wasn't lying technically, but he wasn't telling the full truth either.

"Ah, well  here we are! The entrance to diagon alley!" Tom tapped a brick and a doorway formed out of the wall, leading out into a bustling alley, if you could call it that. It was huge! Nico entered the wizarding world and promptly pulled out a letter.

First things first, he thought, books. He walked around, purchasing books, potion ingredients, and many other school supplies until there was only one thing left on the list.

"A wand..." Nico mused. He had never thought he would ever use a wand.

He went to the closest wand store, a place called Ollivanders. An old man was riffling through the boxes on the shelves when he walked in, a small bell chiming. The man turned and smiled.

"Welcome to Ollivanders! I am Ollivander! I assume you intend to purchase a wand?"

"Yes." It was all Nico could say, the place was amazing. Thousands and thousands of boxes were in this shop.

"Well then, best try some out!" The old man grabbed a box from a shelf after taking his measurements. "Try this one! Birch wood, 11 inches, a bit bendy, veela hair core." He handed nico the wand and told him to "give it a wave". He did so, causing a flower to burst into flames.

"Hmmm, no. What about this? Eleven and a half inches, sturdy, blackthorn wood, dragon heartstring core." He handed Nico the wand. Nico gave it a wave and a powerful feeling went through the air.

"Ahhh, young man. You now have a wand!"

"Thank you Mr. Ollivander."

He paid for the wand and went back outside. He didn't know what to do. The train left in 2 hours. He decided to get an owl. He walked into Eeylops owl emporium and immediately saw the perfect owl. It was a medium sized owl, dark as night, looking attentive and aware. He purchased the owl and named it Cerberus. He figured he should head to the station so he go on a double decker bus and was bound for kings cross.

                                                                        Ω

Upon arriving at the station, he pulled out his ticket and realized it said platform 9 3/4. He knew better than to ask a mortal, or muggle as the wizards called them, they would think he was crazy. He overheard a woman who was herding five other red headed children along. He followed them and watched as they and another boy vanished through the wall. He quickly followed suit and found himself on platform 9 3/4, a large ruby train awaiting him.

Soooooo, how'd I do? This is my first fan fic so please correct me if I get something wrong. Please no hate! Love you all! Bye!!!

Grammar editing 23/08/2021