Chapter Four

ANAIS

I spun around in front of the full length mirror in front of me. I was in a cute light pink halter dress that I bought at the mall with Audrey. I smiled as I looked at myself, satisfied with what I was seeing. I couldn't contain my excitement for Steve's party tonight.

First time kong makakapunta sa party. Dad agreed to let me go to the party because Audrey was going to be there too. But then he was Atticus Xavier Enrique Lavigne, there's always a catch when it comes to him, I had to be home by nine o'clock sharp. No more than a minute late or he'd never let me go to any parties again for as long as I live under his roof.

"What are you wearing?" It was the first thing Dad said to me when I got down from my room. He was looking at me like I just murdered someone. "What is this, Anais?"

"Well, it's a dress..." I answered.

"Don't go smart on me. You're wearing a halter dress. Walang sleeve yang damit mo."

"Yeah, so? What are you thinking, Dad? That guys are going to be turned on by my sexy shoulders?" I sarcastically said. "Geez, we're not Amish!"

"I'm thinking this isn't a good idea." He said.

"But Daaaaaad! You promised!" I whined.

"I bet she just wants to go to the party so she can kiss boys and hold hands with them!" My demon child sister butted in.

I turned my head and threw her a piercing glare at the little brat.

She gave me an evil smile and then stuck her tongue out.

"I'm going to kill you." I mouthed.

"Bryce and Anais, stop it, you two!" Saway ni Mommy sa amin. "Bryce, darling, go back to the dining room. Finish your dinner."

Pagkaalis ni Bryce binaling ang atensyon kay Daddy. "Give your daughter a break. She's a normal teenager who needs normal social interactions! You can't keep her locked up in the house. Wala ka bang tiwala sa anak mo?"

"Meron. But Val baby, you don't understand men." He shook his head.

Mom sighed and rolled her eyes. "Dumaan din ako sa pagiging teenager, Axel. If you keep doing that to our daughter, you're only going to be raising good liars. Kung hindi mo papayagan yan, tatakas lang yan. I know because I've been through that. You can't keep them under your control for the rest of their lives."

"You said it, Mom!" I cheered her.

"I just want my daughters safe. Thats all. She's still a minor, Val!"

"I know that but she's old enough to know what's right from wrong. I was once her age too. Tinatakasan ko din ang Daddy noon. I go out with my friends and party but I turned out fine, didn't I? I didn't go around fooling around with other guys." Mom said.

Dad and Mom just chuckled and wrapped his arm around Dad's waist. "Yeah, I guess you're right..."

"So can I go now? Baka nakakaistorbo na ako sa inyo." I impatiently said with a disgusted look on my face. It was so awkward standing there, watching them get all lovey-dovey, touchy-feely, icky-gooey.

"Fine." Dad sighed. "Nine o'clock, Anais. Paglumagpas ka kahit isang minuto, you'll never be allowed to go to any parties without your mother chaperoning you."

"Okay! See you later Dad, Mom!" And I stormed out as fast as I could. I felt like a bird out of its cage. Finally! Sobrang excited ko talaga! This was the first ever college party I'd ever go to.

"Get in." Coco rolled his car window down, his car was already parked in front of our house when I got out.

"Pupunta ka din sa party?" I asked. "Steve's gonna go insane when he sees you."