Chapter 13 - On The Hunt

*No One's POV*

Lauren first drove straight home. She had some money stashed away in her dresser and thought she may need it. She also wanted a decent pair of boots and her favorite pair of scissors. Just before she left she grabbed a bag with wooden stakes, a crucifix and holy water she had prepared for just such an emergency."

Next she drove to Ally's house. She needed to warn Ally and needed to ditch Ariana's car. They would soon be looking for it. Lauren knew that for her own good they would not want her looking for Camila. "You're too inexperienced and exhausted" They would probably tell her.

Soon after she knocked on Ally's door.

"Hey Lauren, you look tired." Ally said with a look of concern.

"Are you alone?"

Ally nodded. "Yes. My parents took my brother to a special hospital in San Francisco."

Lauren gritted her teeth. "Ally I don't have time to explain but you can't stay here tonight. You're life is in danger. Something might be coming for you."

Ally gasped. "Is it that nasty looking clown that was flipping that sign in front of the car wash? He always watches me."

Lauren rolled her eyes. "No, much worse. Do you have anywhere you can stay? You can't be here tonight."

Ally thought for a moment. "I can stay at my cousin Jennifer's house. She's wanted me to come over for a while."

"Good, but I'm going to need you to take Ariana's car and I'm going to take yours."

Ally looked past Lauren at Ariana's car, which was parked in front of the house. "Why do you have Ariana's car?"

Lauren smirked. "I borrowed it; let's just leave it at that. But hurry up. Pack your things and let's get moving."

Ally hurried off to her room while Lauren waited downstairs. While she waited, Lauren leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. She could feel the fatigue steadily creeping through her entire body. But as long as she could move she was going to find Camila.

A few minutes later Ally reappeared with a bag and handed Lauren a set of keys. "Here are my keys."

Lauren ushered the girl out of the door. "Here are Ariana's . Don't call her and let her know you have her car either. "

"You stole her car didn't you?" Ally said with a disappointed look.

Lauren quickly tensed up. "Well someone stole my Camila and nothing will get my way to find her."

"Camila's in trouble?" Ally quickly asked.

Lauren pushed Ally towards Ariana's car. "Yes, and so will you if you don't get the fuck away from this house. NOW GO!" Lauren shouted.

Not needing any further prodding, Ally quickly ran to Ariana's car, got in and drove off.

Lauren looked at the sky. She had less than an hour of daylight left. But before she could go on her hunt, she needed something to keep her going. So she hopped in Ally's car and started up.

Lauren flipped on the radio and quickly experienced one of those odd moments of serendipity as the sounds of a perfect song began to flow from the speakers. It was Good Times by INXS and Jimmy Barnes from the movie The Lost Boys'"

I'm gonna have a good time tonight.

Rock n' Roll music gonna play all night

Come on baby it won't take long

Only take a minute to sing my song.

Lauren smiled and took it as a good omen. "One thing about livin' in Santa Clara I could never stomach" Lauren recited from the movie, as she put the car in drive.