Chapter 21 | Myles

I ran out of Cole's house in a panic, not caring how loud I was. Surprisingly, his parents hadn't woken up due to all the commotion.
I didn't stop running until I was at least couple of streets away and I some point I had to catch my breath.

My thoughts were impossible to process. Just a muddled mess of confusion and anger.

How far was he going to take it if I hadn't of... Would he have gone all the way?

I was embarrassed by the lack of control I had over my reactions to Cole's touch. Despite him dismissing my attempts of telling him to "stop", I was more hurt by his responses to my confrontation I directed at him.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks with the cuffs of my sweatshirt. The cold nipped at my toes through my Converse. I was thinking too hard for my current mental state to understand anything. What I really needed was to calm down first.

A gnawing feeling kept telling me that I had overreacted. I told Cole not to go any further, but he did. That was his fault, albeit I didn't reassure him again after he continued.

A part of me had liked it. A part of me wanted it. I enjoyed kissing him and I liked the feel of his hands roaming my body. Things had gotten heated quickly and Cole started to move faster than I anticipated, so naturally, I freaked out. I hadn't purposely tried to cause a scene.

Looking back at it now, I don't believe Cole had bad intentions. I don't think he was planning on having sex with me tonight and I believed him when he said he got caught up in the moment. Surely, he knew I wasn't ready for that yet.  The thought of partaking in sexual activities was nerve-racking. I like Cole, he's the first person I've ever liked. Despite being nervous about the idea of doing anything sexual, it was truly less daunting when thinking about doing those things with him. I just hadn't expected him to try it so suddenly.

Cole and I, we still had a lot to learn about each other. I wanted and needed to know more about him first.

After pacing up and down for roughly ten minutes in an unfamiliar street, I came to a stop. I looked down at my jeans. I decided to take my sweatshirt off and wrap it around my waist, hopefully covering the mess at the front.

While taking my phone out of my pocket, I let out a sigh as I debated on the best option of who to call. The puffs of my breaths were visible in the night's crisp air.

Calling my brother was a definite no. Not in my current state. Not so close to Cole's house.

There's only one person.

"J-Jemma?" I spoke into the phone.

"Myles. What- why are you calling me so late?" Jemma asked.

"I need you to pick me up," I responded, trying to fight back tears.

"Why? Myles what's going on? You sound terrible," she said.

"Just pick m-me up."

"Please." I added with a whimper.

"Okay. Where are you?"

I like looked around for the sign with the street name, "Hilferd Street."

"Alright. I'm not sure where that is but I'll put it in the GPS. I'm getting in the car now." She told me.

"Thank you." I whispered into the phone.