Chapter 10

[What's a good name to call you all, fan base wise? Gimme your thoughts. c:]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 10

Ao's POV

It was about nine in the morning. Soft sunlight was pouring in from the window, making the bedroom look warm and cozy. I've been up since eight, and have just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling or out the window or at Jack. He laid beside me, still sleeping with barely any blanket left on him (I tend to hog it and he never minds when I do).

I shifted onto my side so that I faced him. The room was quiet enough for me to hear his gentle breathing. I lifted a hand and tentatively placed it on the side of his face. He suddenly took in a deep breath but didn't wake up. I smiled and leaned forward to place a kiss on his nose. When I put my hand down, it brushed against his shoulder and I felt how chill his skin was. I went ahead and put half of the blanket on him, my arm wrapping around his body as I did so.

Sitting up, I stared down at him, taking in every bit of his features. Tenderly, I poked his cheeks where I knew his dimples were, and traced the scars on his face. It suddenly saddened me to think that for the past year I've barely given much thought to the little things about him. He and I have been so busy trying to find Elizabeth and exterminating rogue Corrupted that it's routine for us to just get up, chat for a bit about casual things, work, then go to bed and just sleep. Sometimes I don't even join him and stay up late while he rests.

I berated myself for ignoring him. It may not seem like ignoring, but it is. He isn't just some other person I'm working with and fighting with. He's my love and I can't push his thoughts and feelings aside. So, I leaned down and pressed another kiss onto his bandage-covered temple, then whispered, "I'm sorry I've neglected you. I love you."

"I love you too....," Jack murmured, surprising me so much that I flinched. He snaked a hand out from under the blanket and held it against my waist.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, placing my hand on his.

"Only for a few seconds," he replied with a groggy voice. He turned over onto his back and pulled me a little closer. "Why are you apologizing for something you didn't do?" he questioned.

Hovering over him, I managed a nervous smirk and replied, "Well, I just...that's how I see it."

"You aren't neglecting me," he retorted.

"But, we've been so busy, and I know we should take a break every once in a while but we never did, and this past year has been crazy, and..."

Jack's fingers gently brushed against my cheek and my rambling faltered. He pushed my hair behind my ear and said, "I understand that we've been busy--you especially. And it's understandable that we don't take breaks. You shouldn't apologize for working hard. You know I'll follow you no matter what."

"That's not what I'm saying," I murmur hesitantly.

"What is it then...?"

Pursing my lips, I stared at the wall and thought. After a few seconds, I continued, "I just...I don't know. You deserve better."

He pulled a smile and remarked, "You're not telling me to find someone else, are you?"

A harsh flush reached my cheeks and I stammered, "N-No! Of course I would never let you date anyone else...!"

"Then?" he said, chuckling. I loved how rich and deep it sounded, so mature and perfect.

Biting my lip, I gazed around the room in thought again. Quietly, I mumbled, "Tell me what your feelings are. Like, what are you thinking? What do you want? I-I want to abide to your needs, you know? Because you've worked hard, too, and I love you."