Chapter 28 - Party

Today was the day of the coming of age-ceremony of the youngest princess of the Kingdom. Unfortunately, we were invited. Less than three hours remained before we had to attend the party, which began at 9 pm.

"Toru, don't look like that, it'll be alright, I'll be right beside you", Ilya reprimanded me when she saw me sulking in the corner of our room," Also, if you have that face when Maria wakes up, she'll get scared by you"

I looked at Maria. The little girl was lying peacefully in the bed with a faint smile on her face. Ilya and me had forced her to go to sleep now, so that she can accompany us to the party. Ever since she became a slave, she had to work almost 16 hours a day for the old lady. But, since that wasn't necessary anymore, we wanted her to sleep as much as possible, since that's important for little children.

"I'll wake up Maria, so that we can prepare for the party. You do the same!", she warned me.

After a while, Maria woke up and she and Ilya went to prepare themselves in the bathroom.

Not knowing what to do, I started to sort the many items in my personal [Item Box] I created using Space Magic. First, I ordered all the coins, pearls, orbs and other fancy-looking items. After that, I started on the clothing. Shirts together, pants by length and colour etc. After about one hour I was done.

I smiled. I finally arrived at the nicest part: weapons.

Firstly, I sorted the weapons by the kind. Swords, lances, bows, hammers, maces... Secondly, I ordered them by model; Short sword, heavy sword, long sword, two-handed sword... Lastly, I ranked them by rank and stats.

The whole progress took about another hour.

At that time, the bathroom door opened and Ilya and Maria strode out.

"What do you think?", Ilya asked.

Ilya was in one word, breath-taking. Her usually straight, black hair was now bundled together in a gorgeous plait, laying on her shoulder. (I'm not sure how to describe it properly, so HERE  ( http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/ByHelena/media/Inspiration/invlecht_zpsa61ba94e.png.html )  is a picture to make you understand).

Her lips were blood-red, accentuating the whiteness of her skin. Her eyes had a little bit of eyeliner, making her look rather flirtatious. She wore a light, white-coloured blouse with lots of satin, a dark-blue, unbuttoned vest and long, straight pants. She wore rather casual small boots, with a little bit of a heel. On her side, a gracious rapier, decorated in white and blue with a large sapphire on the handle. She also had the golden earrings I bought for her on.

"..."

I simply couldn't say anything, because this was the first time ever she had put in a lot of effort in her looks. I also was never bothered by it, because Ilya was already really beautiful without make-up.

Ilya smiled confidently after seeing my expression.

"Daddy, don't only look at Mommy!! Look at me as well!!", Maria's voice rang out.

I turned my head and was stunned for a second time.

Maria wore a small, ankle-length dress in red, with small rubies going from her shoulder to her waist. The dress had lots of separate parts, but became a beautiful whole when worn. Maria had also gotten a small layer of make-up from Ilya, accentuating her eyes which gave her 2.000+ points in cuteness. She also wore red ballerinas and a small golden tiara in her hair.

I squatted down in front of her:" It's no good"

Maria immediately had a shocked face and her under-lip trembled a bit.