Chapter Four

Carter's Point of View

"Please, just let me go home," I pleaded, hearing a long and frustrated sigh escape his lips.

"You still don't get it," He simply shook his head, turning to face me. "You're not fucking leaving!" He shouted, his voice continuously echoing through the tunnel until it faded. He walked towards me, roughly cupping my face in his hands. "You're my cure."

"What are you saying?" I asked in shock, my body visibly trembling.

"I escaped that place months ago, they still haven't found me," He laughed, an evil expression appearing on his face. He truly and honestly scared me. "Now, you can help me escape the tunnel."

"Escape the tunnel?" I was curious as to what he meant.

"You haven't heard?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing. I slowly shook my head, the gesture reminding him his hands were still cupping my face. He slowly pulled away and started to talk, "Well, deep, deep inside the tunnel, lies a monster. Not me, but a real one. And that look on your face tells me you aren't believing a word," He smirked.

"Not a single one," I whispered, glaring at him. Mentally, I scoffed; If he could fool me.

"Well, what's a show and tell if you don't even show?" He chuckled, grabbing my arm and dragging me down the tunnel.

"Stop! Please let go of my arm!" I yelled at him before he yelled back,

"Shut the hell up! We wouldn't want to awaken him, now would we?" His teeth were gritted together as I shut my mouth and slowly nodded, the hot tears running down my cheeks. He turned away and continued on dragging me deeper in. The torch in his hand suddenly blew out and all you could hear was my breathing. I couldn't see a thing anymore. "He's in our presence." He whispered, slightly chuckling.

"This is ridiculous. You aren't fooling me," My shaky voice replied.

"You might not want to say that. He's listening."

He was really starting to freak me out now. It got quiet until I heard loud breathing come from my right. He was holding my left arm, and I hadn't even heard any foot steps. Then, a very low growl started to erupt right in my ear. It was so loud, I couldn't even hear my own thoughts.

I started to scream, no longer feeling his hand latched onto my arm.

"He doesn't like screaming," I heard his voice interrupt my endless screams. Without thinking, I spun my body around and ran for it, hoping the direction I was going in wasn't a wall, but the exit. I saw a little dim light growing bigger and bigger as I ran closer to it. I felt relief, just about to escape the tunnel when I tripped over my own dumb feet. I quickly got up, and just as I was about to escape the tunnel, an arm wrapped around my waist, slamming me against the brick wall, nearly knocking all of the air out of me.

I squirmed, feeling a hand glide up my thigh as he whispered things in my ear. His body was pressed tightly against mine. I whimpered until it all suddenly stopped. He pulled me off the wall and dragged me back, only a little deep into the tunnel. I let him lay me on the cold ground before he laid beside me.

He took me by surprise as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling closer to him. The only thing I could think of was, I'm stuck and there's no getting out if it.

___________________________

I'm sooo sorry this was short !!!