Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: Okay guys, I'm on holiday for the next week and a half so I wont be able to update for a while D: ! So here you go my little sweeties :)

~ ~ ~

"So, Scott... I've heard a lot about you." Cassie said as she stirred a second sugar into her cup of coffee.

Scott looked over at Isaac who shrugged a little and hid a smile behind his glass of water. Stiles felt oddly out of place at the table.

"You have?" Scott said, fidgeting with his fingers under the table.

"Yes... and none of it good." She winked and Isaac shook his head.

"Bet you know nothing about me." Stiles said, trying to break his way in.

"I know you're the sheriff's son, and that you're strangely secretive of your first name." She said and Scott supressed a laugh.

"I still swear to god if you tell anyone I will kill you, stuff you, and keep you as a permanent fixture on my couch to ward off bad spirits." He said.

"Can I come visit him still?" Isaac asked and Stiles narrowed his eyes.

"Now that is just disgusting." He shook his head and Cassie laughed.

"Okay, ridiculously secretive of your first name." She said.

"Damn straight." He said, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms.

"I should really interrogate you; make sure you're good enough for Isaac." She said, addressing Scott again.

"Cassie." Isaac groaned.

Scott just laughed a little. "If you like."

"His mom tells him that anyone would be lucky to have him." Stiles said with a cheesy smile.

"And what does his dad say?" Cassie asked.

Scott shrugged. "He's not in the picture."

"No? Why's that?" She asked.

"Cass, that's a little personal." Isaac said.

"It's okay, he's just a bit of a douche, that's all." Scott said and Stiles scoffed loudly.

"A bit? He is like, the king of douchey douche bags." He said.

"You know I think the two of you will get along well. Neither of you can keep your mouths shut." Isaac said, giving Stiles an eye roll and they both just grinned.

"We can always play twenty questions." Cassie offered.

"Only if we take turns." Scott said.

"It didn't take you long to hit my big red button Scott; I don't play games that I don't already know how to win, and I don't answer questions that I don't have time to think about." She said.

Scott smiled. "Maybe you should have taken up law at college."

"You're not the first one who's told me that." She said, taking a long sip of her coffee.

"Stiles, Cassie's doing criminology, I think I remember you saying something about looking into that." Isaac said, trying to steer them in a normal conversational direction.

"Oh, yeah cool, what's it like?" He asked, causing Cassie to lead into a spiel about her course and soon she and Stiles were locked into a conversation and zoning the other two out.

"So? What do you think?" Isaac whispered to Scott.

He shrugged. "She's nice." He said.

"But..." Isaac smiled.