Damon

Damon's POV.

Samantha.

Samantha was all I thought about these last few months since I've known her. Christine would hang me by my balls if anything ever happened to her precious little girl.

Her exact words were: You hurt my little girl and I'll make you dream about yourself being tortured in my hands. Ripped limb from limb, painstakingly slow.

Cruel? I know, but I knew where she was coming from. That's why I would show Sam a good time.

"Where are you going?" Aurora asked descending the stairs, I looked up.

"Somewhere, why?" I said carefully. Stefan then entered the dining room. He looked at me and nodded in approval, then left.

"Can I come?" I knee she'd ask.

"No Rori, you can't. He's going on a romantic date." Stefan said, appearing with a small midnight black box. He threw it at me.

"Why do I have to be related to you when you're just going to tell my business to anyone that asks." I mumbled. "Ahem! I'm not anyone big brother." Aurora counter standing in front of me.

I smiled at her. "I apologize, madam." I said hugging her.

"You'll be late if you don't hurry brother and don't ruin it." Stefan said and I left..

I didn't plan on ruining this night for any of us.

I opened the box, a beautifully carved necklace with the S initial on it. Salvatore initial. This necklace would protect her from compulsion and she'd always know if a vampire was near.

All I could hope now is that she'd accept and wear it.

Ringing the door bell, I waited as I heard her father's footsteps approaching the door. He opened the door and stared at me,hard.

I'd been through this already, I was used to it now. "Good evening, sir." I smiled.

"You're a vampire correct?" no bullshitting here. Duly noted.

"Yes, I am." I answered carefully. I couldn't step inside, not without an invitation.

"I'm promising, if you hurt my daughter, i-"

"Oh darling, I've already talk to Damon here, haven't I?" Christine asked standing next to her husband.

"Correct, and I promise, I wouldn't let anything happen to her." I explained sincerely.

Christine nodded and left to get Sam. I could smell her shampoo. Apples.

"Bring her back before 11, understood?" Dimitri asked and I nodded.

"Yes sir." I said. "Dad! Stop embarrassing me." Sam groans.

I smiled when I saw her. Her red dress looks so beautiful on her and her makeup is outstanding. She's not the girl that I tease, she seems......model like.

Just beautiful.

"I'm sorry." She smiles and I insisted that it was okay.

Her father addressed me. "Bring her back, alive." He said but what he meant was bring her back human.

I nodded and we got in the car.

"So, where are you taking me?" Sam asked.

"I'm taking you on a night of adventure." I answered.

_________