(39) Confrontation Gone Wrong

Edward's P.O.V: 

My knee bounced anxiously as I waited for Renesmee to come home. She had said the night before that she was going to stay at home and not go hunting with us. When Arabella claimed that it was Renesmee with the guy that attacked her I was seriously outraged. How dare she use that accusation? On her own sister!

I snapped my head up to see Renesmee entering with a smile on her face. I stood up immediately and walked over to her.

"Where have you been young lady?" I sternly said as I saw the slight smirk on her face. She looked at me innocently and smiled.

"Nothing daddy. I just woke up this morning and went to Hillary's house," she said as she pouted at my wary look.

"Daddy why don't you spend time with me anymore?" she asks suddenly tears starting to well up on her chocolate brown eyes. I softened as I pulled her into a close hug. 

"It's just that Daddy has been really busy lately," I tell her. I felt her hug me tighter as my heart ached.

"It's like you ignored me to spend more time with Arabella," I hear her mutter before I heard sniffling. My heart ached even more before I nuzzled her hair.

"Hey. How about we take this time to spend more time?" I hummed. I can feel her smile slightly at my words.

"Sure dad." she says. "Let me do something first."

I almost nodded before I felt a hand go through my heart. I looked up in pain as I struggled to breathe. Wait I don't need to breathe! Then why am I feeling this way?

"Funny huh?" A deeper voice said from my Renesmee. "It turns out that when you squeeze it..." 

She squeezed my undead heart making me gasp out. 

"It triggers some sensitive pain in them," she continues smiling at my pain.

"Re...ne...sm...ee!" I managed to yell out before collapsing in pain.

"Sorry Eddie," she says nonchalantly. "Oh and by the way, it's Aurelia."

The last thing I saw was her smirking face and red eyes before I was taken by unconsciousness. 

Third Person P.O.V: 

Renesmee looked at Edward's body. She took out her hand out of his chest and groaned at the disgusting sight of purple blood on her hand.

"That is gross," she heard a guy's voice say from behind her.

"I know that Johnny," she hissed before whiping it on her dress. It instantly disappeared once it touched the fabric leaving behind a trail of smoke.

"So you almost killed your dad?" Jonathan says smirking at her. Renesmee rolled her eyes as she looked down at Edward's body.

"Eh," she shrugged. "Not like I care. After Arabella dies it won't matter."

"But isn't your goal to get attention from your dad?" Jonathan asks confused. Renesmee didn't hear the question as she started to haul up Edward.

"Will you be a gentleman and bring his body to Father?" Renesmee asked grimacing at the heaviness.

Jonathan rolled his eyes and stood up. He mocked bow before he saluted, taking Edward's body from the grimacing girl.

Renesmee rested her eyes on the blood stained floor before swiping her hand over it. The blood bubbled before it disappeared. 

"There!" she says clapping her hand. "Now that's better."