Chapter Fifty-Two

|Mónéy|

I sat under the hair dryer with an attitude as Yoshi sat across from me, attempting to play footsie. He placed his shoe up against my sandals but I quickly pushed his feet away from mine and gave him a warning look. Keisha, the hairstylist chuckled as she swept the floor.

"Owe Yoshi, she's worse than Tiana. Is this Your little girlfriend or something," Keisha asked. Yoshi looked at me and smirked. I kicked him daring him to say something stupid.

"Yea, this my new lil shawty. I like to call her Saturday, cause Saturdays is the only time I bring her around," Yoshi stated. I sighed dramatically before getting from under the hair dryer. Keisha gave me a disapproving look, causing me to sigh and get back under the dryer.

"That's what I thought, now don't get yo ass up no more. I should be done with your whole head in a few. You lucky it's your birthday because if it wasn't, I would've been closed my shop on ya ass," Keisha said before walking to the back. I shook my head annoyed.

"Why you acting like this on ya birthday? First you attack that dude at the cemetery, now yo ass is up hea' wit' an attitude. What you got going on, what you hate your birthday or something," Yoshi asked. I shrugged my shoulders and closed my eyes.

"You asking like you really wanna know," I said. The dryer stopped and Keisha walked towards me feeling on the wet and wavy lace front that she had just installed in my head. Yoshi smiled brightly at me.

"You look beautiful as fuck man," he complimented. I blushed a little and thanked him. Keisha made me get up and sit in the chair so she could add the finishing touches to my hair. I decided to wear a silk based, full lace frontal closure, Virgin Brazilian deep wave hair. Keisha grabbed a spray bottle and started spraying my hair. Yoshi frowned at us.

"What her hair dirty or something? Fuck you gotta spray Pine Sol and Faboloso in it for," he asked. I laughed and Keisha sprayed him with the bottle a few times. He stepped back and flipped her off. My hair was slaying and Keisha made sure my edges were laid before we left.

"Iight now lil girl, make sure you use my card and refer a friend. When ya friend comes to get their hair done, make sure, you tell them, to tell me that you sent them. That way you can get a free pack of Duby hair," she informed me. I nodded my head as I stuck her card in my back pocket. Yoshi stood off to the side watching us.

"I won't forget Mrs. Keisha, thanks again for hooking me up. I'm definitely going to be slaying tonight," I said. After Keisha and I said our goodbyes, Yoshi drove me to the galleria to pick up my outfit and a few other things before he took me back to his place, where his gift was waiting for me. I had already told him I'm not a fan of surprises, but he insisted that I was going to love this one. I walked slowly to he and Tiana's condo complex. I was so confused about their relationship. How could a boy and a girl, share a place without being attached to each other. Tiana did show certain signs, that she was a little over protective of Yoshi, but neither of them showed or acted in, their feelings.

We got on the elevator and it took us straight to Yoshi's floor. I peeked out the elevator, to make sure my surprise wasn't waiting in the hallway. Yoshi chuckled before grabbing my hand and walking off the elevator. I kept looking over my shoulder, afraid a clown or some shit would pop out. Yoshi pulled his keys from his pocket and stuck the key in the door before pushing it open. I smiled when I saw a bunch of people, standing next to a table full of make-up.

"Surprise," Yoshi said. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled.

"This wasn't what I was expecting but thank you," I said. He nodded his head before walking away, leaving me with the make-up artists. Two of them took my bags from my hands, while the other two led me to Tiana's bedroom. They informed me that I only had a few hours before my party started, which I already knew. They told me I only have thirty minutes to shower and once I was done, they would start on my make-up and get my outfit ready for me. I quickly walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on.